sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

suspension help!!!

ok, im going to be doing my susp. but i need some help with it, due to lack of knowledge/ experience...please give me your input and/or personal opinion on stuff....first in going to be ordering shocks and springs...im going to be getting DMS lowering springs and kyb agx adj. shocks...now the rest is the stuff i need some input on, bc there are so many varieties.(poly bushing , boxed, tubular etc.)

panhard bar..what kind, what ends

lca..tubular or boxed...

torque arm....

sfc....3 pt., tubular, boxed??

this is my everyday car ,and it will be seeing some track action but not to much... all input will be appreciated..THANKS ..o and im 17 and dont have a HUGE budget...keep this in mind pls..

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

how important is handling/confort ?
    when you say track, do you mean 1/4 mile or track racing / autox / lapping ?
    I would keep stock PHB + LCA and invest in better shocks... and before doing the PHB + LCA, I'd consider sway-bars.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

First Shox! Best you can get. The stockers are garbage. It's the biggest single improvement. Now, if you're gonna want to seriously run 1/4 strip then go for the PHB and LCA's in rear, but realize that the car is going to be seriously stiff in the rear which will give you a good amount of oversteer, which maybe you don't want. If you go with good shox and the PHB LCA's put the shox on their absolute softest setting and do not go above the 19" stock rear sway.

Next do the front sway in 32 or 35mm. It'll make a large difference. If you go with a big rear sway along with PHB LCAs' and stiffer springs, be prepared for some major oversteer which can make life quite interesting on the street.

I got the Koni's on mine with 35mm front bar, stock springs front and rear PHB/LCA's 19mm stock rear bar and Koni's set just a hair above full soft and the car is loving it!!!! It's total street car...does not go to the drag strip, but likely would do quite well in auto-x. The shox and front sway made all the difference. Good luck!

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    First Shox! Best you can get. The stockers are garbage. It's the biggest single improvement. Now, if you're gonna want to seriously run 1/4 strip then go for the PHB and LCA's in rear, but realize that the car is going to be seriously stiff in the rear which will give you a good amount of oversteer, which maybe you don't want. If you go with good shox and the PHB LCA's put the shox on their absolute softest setting and do not go above the 19" stock rear sway.

Next do the front sway in 32 or 35mm. It'll make a large difference. If you go with a big rear sway along with PHB LCAs' and stiffer springs, be prepared for some major oversteer which can make life quite interesting on the street.

I got the Koni's on mine with 35mm front bar, stock springs front and rear PHB/LCA's 19mm stock rear bar and Koni's set just a hair above full soft and the car is loving it!!!! It's total street car...does not go to the drag strip, but likely would do quite well in auto-x. The shox and front sway made all the difference. Good luck!
    what do u mean by oversteer????

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

oversteer is when the rear wants to come around on you when turning. not a good thing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

well, this is my everyday car, but i aslo am going to take it to the strip every once and a while, what do u suggest..and aslo, im about to order my panhard bar....what do u suggest???

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i'd get an adjustable panhard rod and boxed trailing arms.

Thread Information