black
    2000 nhra edition formula

sub frames
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Red
    1999 Trans Am

i plan on doing both (along w/ torque arms & panhard bar) but if i had to choose which to do first i would say subframe connectors b/c they do more for your car. not only will they help u hook up by giving u traction and give u better handling but they also will help keep your t-tops from leaking from body flex (which can only take a few yrs). also i personally wouldnt bolt them in... welded = 100x better. make sure your car is under a full load when u put them on.

black
    02 trans am ws6

ya maybe i will do both

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

sub frames

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Both are great mods to do, but definately SFC's before LCA's.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Do both...$200 + shipping with our group purchase

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33711

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

re:

Both is the best answer, but SFC are the first thing I'd do, even before power mods.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

RED
    1998 CAMARO Z28

Sfc Deffenetly

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I dont kno which parts helped me where because I did them all at once but now that I have them all on, its a completely diffrent car. I would do my whole suspension before I did any power mods if i were you. IMO. I did and I couldnt be happier. It was a little pricey but deff worth it - Edelbrock: SFC's, trailing arms, panhard bar, & torque arm; Eibach: pro-kit springs; and Bilstein: road racing shocks (in an slp package).

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

yep sfc's.....i got mine from gms

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

I intend on doing SFC as soon as I possible can. But in anycase anyone want to explain to me what exactly lower control arms do? In as much detail as possible guys I'm still learning some of this stuff

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Subframes keep the body straight.

man that question is huge what do lca's do?

the primary function of the arms is to locate the rear axle both front to back, and up/down during travel. and in doing these jobs they also accomplish secondary tasks such as helping to locate your vehicles instant centerand some side to side movement. not to mention that under extreeme acceleration (drag launch) they bear nearly the full weight of your vehicles sprung mass. (springs hold up the weight, but arms take all the pressure once the springs have been compressed).

the main benefit of replacing your lca's (which was probably your real question) is that when all of that pressure is applied to your stamped factory 12ga. crap... i mean steel they twist and bend and flex their way into forward motion for your car, and that is otherwise known as wheel hop. and if you ever get serious with a sticky tire combo you would be lucky if they didnt twist and stay that way, sending you into a wall, or causing other rear end failures. a nice tubular, or as some prefer square lca will not flex att all (well i should say not noticably unless you count microns) and will hook your power to the road and send you on your way straight and true.

also there is a nice band aid you can use called poly bushings, and they will stiffen up your rear suspension, but with a sticky tire they only help to make the control arm the weakest link and with no movement in the bushing... well you get s- shaped control arms! yay!!!

hope this all helped. by the way there are also pan hard rods(control side to side movement), and torque arms ( control axles tendency to roll, pinion angle, ect.) that should be considered as well if you want to put all of that power to the ground and not waste it on twistin your suspension pieces. and yes subframe connectors are the most important thig to do to an f-body especially one with t-tops!!! just open a door and jack up a corner of your car and try to close it if you dont believe me!

sorry for the HUGE post but you asked for it. keep your eyes peeled for my suspension and chassis bits on here just as soon as the moderators get back to me. next time the front suspension... hahahahaha!!!!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ray View Post
    man that question is huge what do lca's do?

the primary function of the arms is to locate the rear axle both front to back, and up/down during travel. and in doing these jobs they also accomplish secondary tasks such as helping to locate your vehicles instant centerand some side to side movement. not to mention that under extreeme acceleration (drag launch) they bear nearly the full weight of your vehicles sprung mass. (springs hold up the weight, but arms take all the pressure once the springs have been compressed).

the main benefit of replacing your lca's (which was probably your real question) is that when all of that pressure is applied to your stamped factory 12ga. crap... i mean steel they twist and bend and flex their way into forward motion for your car, and that is otherwise known as wheel hop. and if you ever get serious with a sticky tire combo you would be lucky if they didnt twist and stay that way, sending you into a wall, or causing other rear end failures. a nice tubular, or as some prefer square lca will not flex att all (well i should say not noticably unless you count microns) and will hook your power to the road and send you on your way straight and true.

also there is a nice band aid you can use called poly bushings, and they will stiffen up your rear suspension, but with a sticky tire they only help to make the control arm the weakest link and with no movement in the bushing... well you get s- shaped control arms! yay!!!

hope this all helped. by the way there are also pan hard rods(control side to side movement), and torque arms ( control axles tendency to roll, pinion angle, ect.) that should be considered as well if you want to put all of that power to the ground and not waste it on twistin your suspension pieces. and yes subframe connectors are the most important thig to do to an f-body especially one with t-tops!!! just open a door and jack up a corner of your car and try to close it if you dont believe me!

sorry for the HUGE post but you asked for it. keep your eyes peeled for my suspension and chassis bits on here just as soon as the moderators get back to me. next time the front suspension... hahahahaha!!!!
    poly bushings in the rear will hinder your handling... they are meant striclty for straight line use.
    Actually, with poly-urethane, you are forcing the A-arms to twist and bind under the polyurethane... while rod-ends have the freedom to rotate and not run into those issues.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

wow probably the best awnser I've ever recieved on anything. After reading that I almost feel like an expert on the matter thanks a lot. So my question to you would you feel that LCA is necessary but the Torque Arms & Pan Hard Rods aren't unless you have a lot of power to plant such as 500 or should you consider it as soon as 400 RWHP?

well stronger, lighter, faster, ect. is what we are all after i believe! but if you are on a tight budget i personally feel that lca's should be first on your list (as far as rear suspension goes anyways)

the panhard rod is more of an adjustability issue, or it would be necessary if you are planting huge tires into corners at serious g force. and the torque arm is also more of an adjustability thing. i would recomend if you replace them to go adjustable for sure. may cost a little more, but adjustability down the road is the most important feature.

also its not just a matter of power... for example on the pan hard, you can turn serious g force in a 30hp go kart! your mods should simply follow your budget, and your personal taste/plans for your vehicle make a plan and stick to it!!!

Thread Information