Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Sub-Frame Connectors

This is a discussion on Sub-Frame Connectors within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; I sell UMI. They range from $149 (2 point weld-ins) to $299 (3 point bolt ins). http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=22&ModelID=7...

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brookville, PA
    Posts
    547

    White
    2001 Z28

    I sell UMI. They range from $149 (2 point weld-ins) to $299 (3 point bolt ins). http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=22&ModelID=7
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

  2. #22
    Senior Member M-Ten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,210

    Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

    yep go with the 2 point umi weld ins

  3. #23
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    what do u have?
    99 Camaro Z28-
    Colorado's Slowest 408 with a 150 shot
    95 Camaro Z28 LT1-
    LT4 Hot Cam Kit, Fuddle 3,800 Stall
    http://www.fquick.com/99Ls1fever

  4. #24
    Senior Member M-Ten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,210

    Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

    so how does the car feel?? what numbers you lookin at?

  5. #25
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Car feels a lot differant and the engine is crazy from the stock bolt on's engine... I am going to have fun at the drag strip this summer I have a feeling

  6. #26
    Senior Member M-Ten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,210

    Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

    haha yeah no doubt man... sounds like fun. I'll catch up with you eventually! lol

  7. #27
    Member midi_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    371

    Black on Black
    2001 ~ T/A ~ WS6 ~ M6

    I installed the UMI bolt-ons over the winter and all I can tell you at this point is, no rocket science here. Very simplistic installation. That's about all the input I can give. After the snow stops falling here in MI, I'll have the opportunity to give them a workout. I have no intensions of welding. If issues occur I won't hesitate to reply.

  8. #28
    Senior Member M-Ten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    St. Pete, Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,210

    Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

    I say just get em welded and have it done with.. There's no way bolt ins could be better than the weld ins.. except you could take em off if you wanted, but no reason to do that!!

  9. #29
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Fully agreed, welds are stronger and bolt ins are just not the same...

  10. #30
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    haha yeah no doubt man... sounds like fun. I'll catch up with you eventually! lol
    Yea for sure I hope to meet up with you some day too, it would be tight rollin together..ha ha maybe if the hot rod power goes your way I 'll be out there then

  11. #31
    Member midi_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    371

    Black on Black
    2001 ~ T/A ~ WS6 ~ M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    Fully agreed, welds are stronger and bolt ins are just not the same...
    Have you guys honestly compared apples to apples? Side by side comparison? Bolt-on vs. weld-on? Probably not. Does one perform better than the other? Probably not. Will the bolt-ons fail prematurely under average street racing conditions? Probably not. (I’ve spent a lot of time investigating that one…no one has reported failure with both-ons; unless a brainless child did the install.) What’s the ‘ULTIMATE’ way to go? I’d have to agree with weld-ons (IF-done-properly). I’ve been in the non-automotive mechanical field for 30ish years and yes the weld-ons make logical sense. Is it absolutely necessary to weld? Probably not...

  12. #32
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by midi_2001 View Post
    Have you guys honestly compared apples to apples? Side by side comparison? Bolt-on vs. weld-on? Probably not. Does one perform better than the other? Probably not. Will the bolt-ons fail prematurely under average street racing conditions? Probably not. (I’ve spent a lot of time investigating that one…no one has reported failure with both-ons; unless a brainless child did the install.) What’s the ‘ULTIMATE’ way to go? I’d have to agree with weld-ons (IF-done-properly). I’ve been in the non-automotive mechanical field for 30ish years and yes the weld-ons make logical sense. Is it absolutely necessary to weld? Probably not...
    Probably yes would be the awnser I work on cars for a living in the summer and for a hobby thats why I didn't mess with the cheap o's and bought SLP weld on's and if you take your "bolt on's and compare them to the SLP weld on's and tell me they are equal I will roll over and laugh so hard I tinkle a little...Wow, good thing we have rich people on the website to enlighten us on the crap they read.....People like this make us all dumber

  13. #33
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6




    Yea your right they look totally the same minus the box steel tubing and the cheap small tubes you call strength... Come on stop reading the ads in your favorite magazine....
    Lets throw those "bolt on's on my camaro with a 408 and 540hp and a moser 9 inch and see how much we can twist them and break them....lmao

  14. #34
    Member midi_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    371

    Black on Black
    2001 ~ T/A ~ WS6 ~ M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    Probably yes would be the awnser I work on cars for a living in the summer and for a hobby thats why I didn't mess with the cheap o's and bought SLP weld on's and if you take your "bolt on's and compare them to the SLP weld on's and tell me they are equal I will roll over and laugh so hard I tinkle a little...Wow, good thing we have rich people on the website to enlighten us on the crap they read.....People like this make us all dumber
    OK, you're the ... here. Dude, I'm talking 'possible' fact, fact, and experience and you took this as an opportunity to spew smack unconsciously with what few brain cells you have. OK. Let me sort through this nonsense...you have a part time job changing oil, and some sort of Matchbox hobby. Next, SLP is so SOOOOO over priced and SOOOO over rated anyone and everyone can tell you, you got rapped. And lastly...men don't...um...how does that go? Tinkle? Dude, you've got issues. OMG...you're embarrassing to LS1.com. (Do you sit when you pee?)

    ((Sorry ADMIN, he started it!))

  15. #35
    Member jujofields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Posts
    900

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

    I'd say either UMI or SLP subframe connectors. IMO no matter the brand, you should get the 3-point instead of the 2-point. The 2-points connect the front & rear together, whereas the 3-points not only connect the front & rear together but also from side to side. In regards to bolt-ons or weld-ins, each have advantage & disadvantages: the bolt-ons can easily be removed if you are doing underbody work & can be taken off at any point if you sell your car...then you have SFCs to sell for some extra cash. However, they aren't quite as sturdy as the weld-ins (when comparing the same brand & product). The weld-ins offer a more sturdy application, but cannot be easily removed should you ever decide to take them off. ......to sum up the advantages vs. disadvantages of putting on SFCs, the main advantages are strengthening the body, increasing cornering capabilities, reducing chassis flex, rattles, t-top leaks, & internal squeaks. The only disadvantage I can think of is the additional weight added to the vehicle (some variance in weight between brands & products, but roughly 40lbs).

  16. #36
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by midi_2001 View Post
    OK, you're the ... here. Dude, I'm talking 'possible' fact, fact, and experience and you took this as an opportunity to spew smack unconsciously with what few brain cells you have. OK. Let me sort through this nonsense...you have a part time job changing oil, and some sort of Matchbox hobby. Next, SLP is so SOOOOO over priced and SOOOO over rated anyone and everyone can tell you, you got rapped. And lastly...men don't...um...how does that go? Tinkle? Dude, you've got issues. OMG...you're embarrassing to LS1.com. (Do you sit when you pee?)

    ((Sorry ADMIN, he started it!))
    Ha Ha Ha, I am a school teacher who has a master degree.. Doubt your edge a macatio went that far...lmao
    Slp is over rated enough to get the contract on FROM GENERAL MOTORS ON THE "SS" dump ass wake up when did umi get any contract...lol
    how is the mid life crisis going...

  17. #37
    Member jujofields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Posts
    900

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    Yea your right they look totally the same minus the box steel tubing and the cheap small tubes you call strength... Come on stop reading the ads in your favorite magazine....
    Lets throw those "bolt on's on my camaro with a 408 and 540hp and a moser 9 inch and see how much we can twist them and break them....lmao

    Uhh...you do realize that many bolt-on's contain box steel tubing, right? Hell, you're an SLP fan so you should realize that the 3-point SLP weld-ins come in a bolt-on version as well...

  18. #38
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by jujofields View Post
    Uhh...you do realize that many bolt-on's contain box steel tubing, right? Hell, you're an SLP fan so you should realize that the 3-point SLP weld-ins come in a bolt-on version as well...
    But those umi's aren't box... I know they come in bolt on, differance between the two companys are boxed and tubes that are quarter of the size of boxed I have seen them both and know people with both including myself. Boxed are for strength and the umi's are the people who daily drive and want to tell people they have sub frame connectors... before the 80's most subframe connectors where all weld in...

  19. #39
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    The funny part is the modarators are probabley laughing at your statement now, I guarentee a real car guy would never put bolt on sub frame connectors on his car.... girly

    OOOO and the funny part is I'm suppose to be some guy or kid... Look at the avaitor, that Scott Settlemeyer yea you probabley have no idea who that is, he is the HEAD OF GENERAL MOTORS CAMARO DIVISION AND FOUNDER OF THE F BODY AND THE 2002 SS IS NAMED AFTER HIM. So yea that's who I chill with and got voted top car by... Keep wishing...
    Last edited by 99Ls1fever; 03-28-2008 at 08:08 PM.

  20. #40
    Member midi_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    371

    Black on Black
    2001 ~ T/A ~ WS6 ~ M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    The funny part is the modarators are probabley laughing at your statement now, I guarentee a real car guy would never put bolt on sub frame connectors on his car.... girly
    Um...school teacher dude,
    Your obscured intellect, lacking unambiguous familiarity in relevance to unequivocal specificity of the...
    ...ah forget it…you’re probably lost again. (Just kidding.)

    Doesn't matter dude! Let it GO! You're probably a good school teacher! I accept that! Leave it at that! I'm not out to make enemies...just friends! I voiced my opinion, that's all! Don't take it personally! (Care for a hug?)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sub Frame Connectors
    By Trans Am WS6 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 05:57 AM
  2. Sub Frame Connectors
    By MIKEY'S 2002 TA in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 09:21 PM
  3. Sub Frame Connectors?
    By LS1Powerhouse in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 02:08 AM
  4. f/s sub frame connectors
    By nirvana91 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 05:19 PM
  5. f/s sub frame connectors
    By nirvana91 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •