competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

struts and mounts

I have recently removed my control arms to do the bushings and my struts have pulled out of the mounts compleatly they are the kyb gr2 wich i hate so now im looking for something else either bilstien or koni sports would like ppls opinons on them plus what mounts to get i would like to stay away from kyb ive had them for only 2 years and they are already distroyed
    Last edited by 99yellowz28; 01-02-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Koni's are the top shocks for an f body. Especially if you plan on lowering the car. Bilsteins are the other popular option for those who can not afford the koni's. It all depends on what your suspension plans aer. AS far as strut mounts you can get OEM mounts from rock auto. There is always a 5% discount code for rock auto on the web.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I have the KYB AGX adjustable shocks my self, but I got them free for doing Koni's and Strano's on a friends car. I couldn't beat the deal. I would go bilsteins for the price, but Koni's are so sick and way better.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Koni's are the top shocks for an f body. Especially if you plan on lowering the car. Bilsteins are the other popular option for those who can not afford the koni's. It all depends on what your suspension plans aer. AS far as strut mounts you can get OEM mounts from rock auto. There is always a 5% discount code for rock auto on the web.
    my car is already lowered the problem is my struts ripped through the mounts and they only been on two years and i rarley drive it they may only have 4k miles on them i have eibach springs so im trying to find a good mount that wont tear so quick and im considering konis just woundering what ppl are running for mounts with konis im in the process of putting energy suspension polyurathane bushings in while i do the struts

Thread Information