Strut Tower Brace

Strut Tower Brace which should I get for my 99SS ?
    best bang for the buck Is chrome molly worth it.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Go with BMR stuff. Best bang for the buck.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

chrome moly is worth it if you are concerned about weight. were talking about 5 lbs here though. with chrome moly, the bar is larger in diameter. this makes for even stronger results from the bar. worth it, is up to you. when you open your hood, you might get a reaction like "MAN your bar is HUGE!!!" from a girl, that's a good thing. from a guy, welll......
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

other than weight..they're all about the same..that is they all do the same job equally..

Ive always liked the way the Hotchicks looks...but it cost more

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

H-O-T-C-H-K-I-S!!! Looks in my opinion considerably better! Especially the polished one which I have that goes along great with the other chrome accents. Its the most expensive one but if youre lucky you can find one on the net a little cheaper. I got mine at a steal on ebay from a guy who didnt know what it was.

Heres an underhood of mine

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The BMR Extreme is the biggest and the best. It's bigger than both of the tubes on the Hotchkiss one put together! I don't know how many times I've heard "That's one big ass fuckin' bar!!!"

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Wheres a pic.. Bigger is not necessarily better, and sorry to say but I doubt anyone on this thread would be able to tell a driving difference between the two .. so it comes down to appearance. Does someone want to lift the hood and have some big ass gawdy attention drawing strut bar ... or does someone want to accentuate their under hood appearance and have a really nice looking one that serves the same exact purpose
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I don't think a big bar means it's gawdy. That Hotchkiss on yours looks more gawdy by being chrome when nothing else is chrome is under your hood. I didn't say you could tell a difference driving between the two, but I think one bar looks much better than two of the Hotchkiss. It's up to personal preference, but the BMR in my car almost looks factory if you didn't know that it wasn't there originally. I don't think you can say that for the Hotchkiss unit. I'm sure it works well anyway. The Hotchkiss was my second choice, but seeing the BMR was cheaper and better looking it was the way to go making it better. I don't have a digital camera yet, but I'll get a hold of one and get some pics up. By the way I'm not dissing your car at all illcu8troffcr, but I don't like being attacked when your judging things without seeing them.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I don't think a big bar means it's gawdy. That Hotchkiss on yours looks more gawdy by being chrome when nothing else is chrome is under your hood. I didn't say you could tell a difference driving between the two, but I think one bar looks much better than two of the Hotchkiss. It's up to personal preference, but the BMR in my car almost looks factory if you didn't know that it wasn't there originally. I don't think you can say that for the Hotchkiss unit. I'm sure it works well anyway. The Hotchkiss was my second choice, but seeing the BMR was cheaper and better looking it was the way to go making it better. I don't have a digital camera yet, but I'll get a hold of one and get some pics up. By the way I'm not dissing your car at all illcu8troffcr, but I don't like being attacked when your judging things without seeing them.
    wasnt dissing I was simply going by what you said in this
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    It's bigger than both of the tubes on the Hotchkiss one put together! I don't know how many times I've heard "That's one big ass fuckin' bar!!!"
    basically youre saying its huge and everyone makes a comment on its size first off over eveything else when you pop your hood...

And youre right my strut is the only chrome piece under my hood so far.. but its also the first part ive added for engine dress up .. the rest is yet to come.

Its a silver SS with chrome rims, Im thinking about adding painted fuel rail covers, polished radiator shield, and some other parts here and there but thats the first of everything besides my lid and all.

I spend more time on stereo and money. It looks good as it is .. runs great.. And I dont like it looking like anyone elses .. so I try and think of things to do unique

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My G2..... I repainted it myself. It was bright red.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post
    Click for full size
    Whered you get your fuel rail covers done?

Black

eBay... $200 IRC... you give him your paint code and tell him want you want. They came out really good. Got a few scratches putting them in (can't see them when they are on the car).

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

The one thing I havent figured out is .. when they start out it says corvette recessed in the plastic right? how do they get it leveled and smooth so they can write or have it say Camaro or Trans Am on it?

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    wasnt dissing I was simply going by what you said in this

basically youre saying its huge and everyone makes a comment on its size first off over eveything else when you pop your hood...

And youre right my strut is the only chrome piece under my hood so far.. but its also the first part ive added for engine dress up .. the rest is yet to come.

Its a silver SS with chrome rims, Im thinking about adding painted fuel rail covers, polished radiator shield, and some other parts here and there but thats the first of everything besides my lid and all.

I spend more time on stereo and money. It looks good as it is .. runs great.. And I dont like it looking like anyone elses .. so I try and think of things to do unique
    Sounds like it should be looking nice once your done with it! The only one's that really comment are the people that know F-body's. Other just say how it looks all business. I'm going for the it should have been done by the factory this way look. It's fun when ricers want to see what you have and nothing really jumps at them unless they know what they're looking for.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post
    Click for full size
    Does the G2 bolt to the cowl? I heard horror stories of how they can crack the windshield if you corner hard. Do you hear any odd noises or anything when you pound the turns? Nice FRC's!!!

Black

I've never had any problems with it... and I corner pretty hard. The metal in the cowl that it bolts to is kinda flimsy, so I don't imagine I'll have any problems with the windshield.... knock on wood....

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I hope you don't. I didn't know if was just BS or actual fact. You need a LS6 intake to clean up the look a bit better. I'm sure you already thought of that though!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    H-O-T-C-H-K-I-S!!! Looks in my opinion considerably better! Especially the polished one which I have that goes along great with the other chrome accents. Its the most expensive one but if youre lucky you can find one on the net a little cheaper. I got mine at a steal on ebay from a guy who didnt know what it was.

Heres an underhood of mine
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Hotchkiss here also--red bar,battery wires,couple other small red things..great to lean on and look at for long periods of time....
    Last edited by NHRAMAN; 08-06-2006 at 12:24 PM.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Off of E-BAY I got a SLP bar seems well made but heavier then I thought.

Thread Information