White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Strano Springs or Eibach's

Well this message is really for S. Strano, just curious because im looking to purchase springs for my 01 LS1 whats the differences between your springs and Eibach's. I know you most likely wont go into detail as to spring rates and so on but do you have stiffer rates the Eibach's. The reason why i say this is i want to go with your 35-22mm sway bars, i already have Bilstein HD on the car which came with the car when i purchased it, i wanna go with UMI 3 point SFC's and after that ill think about goin further. Just wanted to ask you because your the expert in this department, id appreciate the advice and help. Thanks in advance

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I had the ProKit (eibach) springs on my T/A for almost 2 years.

This spring I went with Strano springs. Much better ride, little higher.
    Koni 4/3 shocks.

This is a good link with plenty of info.
    http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
    I am sure Sam will give his rates to compare them against those others.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks Mr Luos ill read up on it.

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well this message is really for S. Strano, just curious because im looking to purchase springs for my 01 LS1 whats the differences between your springs and Eibach's. I know you most likely wont go into detail as to spring rates and so on but do you have stiffer rates the Eibach's. The reason why i say this is i want to go with your 35-22mm sway bars, i already have Bilstein HD on the car which came with the car when i purchased it, i wanna go with UMI 3 point SFC's and after that ill think about goin further. Just wanted to ask you because your the expert in this department, id appreciate the advice and help. Thanks in advance

I wouldn't have bothered with springs if I was just going to mimic what is already commonly available (and parts I can sell).

I'm not sure why you think won't explain my springs, it's no secret. The fronts are 550, the rears are technically progressive 100-150's, but in reality are linear in their working rate. The soft end is simply needed to keep the spring in place when the axle droops. I made the rate a soft 100 pounds and short in travel to make sure the weight of the car took it up and we did not have a spring changing rate as you drive. Some others are like this, many are not.

The difference in my springs comes down down the rates, both overall and how the fronts and rears work together, the consistency of the springs, and the fact they weigh less.

For all the talk you see from others, the fact is only one set of springs has a proven history when it comes to actual handling. I.E. none of those others were speced by and used to win things like SCCA National Championships. That sometimes scared folks because they assume the springs will ride like crap. I counter that with the statement that Mr. Luos made, as well as the fact if you look around at other rates you'll find that I'm not the stiffest at either end of the car even when compared to what others consider to be normal street springs.

The key is the package. In all honesty the Bilstein HD's aren't optimal for lowering springs--mine or anyone else's. Being shocks are so critical to these cars I'd rather see you do Koni's and springs than the springs and bars and leave the Bilstein's. You add bars later if you feel you want them, and do so easily. Again, it's about the package. As for the SFC's, fine..... but not a help to handling. Again, that money would be best spend on better shocks. I know Koni's aren't cheap, but if you add up what you are considering between bars and SFC's, you are getting up there and you could always sell your Bilstien's for a few hundred to offset costs.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Sam, whats your opinion on the Global West adjustable front kit? I really want to be able to adjust my front ride height, and they would allow me to use Koni Double Adjustables. Only thing is there isn't a kit for the rear. How do you think your rear springs would work with there front kit on Koni DAs?

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Sam, whats your opinion on the Global West adjustable front kit? I really want to be able to adjust my front ride height, and they would allow me to use Koni Double Adjustables. Only thing is there isn't a kit for the rear. How do you think your rear springs would work with there front kit on Koni DAs?
    Happy to give you my opinion, but it's a little too complicated for a forum/PM/E-mail. Also I don't sell my rear springs separately unless I end up with some overages (not always the case), and my rear springs are matched to my liking with the front rates I picked. Global West does things very different on rates than I do.

And we can supply you parts to convert the front shocks to coil-over should you want to do that, but it does take some work to Koni's to do it (and that's the case with any of the sleeve setups).

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
    Happy to give you my opinion, but it's a little too complicated for a forum/PM/E-mail. Also I don't sell my rear springs separately unless I end up with some overages (not always the case), and my rear springs are matched to my liking with the front rates I picked. Global West does things very different on rates than I do.

And we can supply you parts to convert the front shocks to coil-over should you want to do that, but it does take some work to Koni's to do it (and that's the case with any of the sleeve setups).
    So you can supply me with a adjustable kit for the Koni's, using your springs? That would be amazing! Happen to have a picture of how they work or any details?

White
    2001 Z28

No, they'd use race springs (but we can get those in the same rate if you want).

If you want details, you'll have to call, I wasn't kidding when I implied e-mail is not a good way of gathering detailed information. There is nothing super special, they'd work just like Global West's or Ground Controls kits....

Thread Information