Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Strano customer support is outstanding

I just received my Koni 4/3 shocks today and was quite stocked to install them.. However, my research was limited to notcing that the best performing cars on the track most of them wre running Koni 4/3 kits, Strano springs. ...So enough said, I called sam and ordered Koni 4/3 kit, SP141 strano springs and UMI adj. panhard bar...
    Then I downloaded Koni's 09' catalog as a reference.. So my shocks arrive,
    and I was expecting 1140's for the back,because that what was spec'ed for an 01' T/A WS6, Well I cross reference part # 1265sp and find theyre 82-82
    shocks...I am starting to get pissed, The Koni catalog makes no mention of Koni 4/4 or Koni 4/3, they only list per year and the RETAIL web pricing was just a little less than Sam's shocks ( I am in a frame of mind that the Koni price listing was for a pair of shocks )...So I look up Jegs info and found the 1139 and 1140 even cheaper ( still thinking they are pairs )...So, call Sam and left a message that I got the wrong shocks and that Jegs had them for about half price...WTF???? ...Sam called n 5 minutes, He seemed a little insulted about jegs comment and explain to me the real lowdown on Konis....
    That Strano invented the Koni 4/4 and Koni 4/3 kits, that was why I couldnt anything about 4/4 or 4/3 from the Koni catalog... AND MOST IMPORTANT, that Jegs or other online sellers sell single shocks, very deceptive...And when I called Jegs the lady said it looks as were a package of two, then she said "most likely that is correct".. Search Koni catalog and discovered that they all are priced each and there webstore was very very expense.. That is why Sam built the 4/3 and 4/4 Koni kits from his racing experince and work best with his springs.. So once you add up the correct #'s, Sam kits are very well priced and he provides free ACURATE support for free of charge
    SO, I has have discovered, don't try to piece together the parts, just let SAM do it, his kit has RACE PROVEN results.... I also think it is wise that if your are going to run a Koni 4/4 or 4/3 kit, you should use the same springs
    Sp141 as the kit was desisgned for

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

+1 no doubt about it...Sam was very helpfull when I ordered, lots of knowledge!!

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

ya sam is a hell of a good guy and thats why i got my springs, koni 4/4's and other stuff from him.

Thread Information