Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

starting my list for suspension parts, any help welcome

This is a discussion on starting my list for suspension parts, any help welcome within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by raynor139 Konis hands down if you want the best. I've noticed a lot of guys going with ...

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Konis hands down if you want the best. I've noticed a lot of guys going with vikings setup in the last few months. Give Sam strano a call if you really can't decide. He can tell you exactly what setup to go with depending on what you want and how much you wanna spend. Plus his springs are awesome if your going more for handling then drag racing.
    The car will be seen at the drag a few times a year, but it mainly is a road trip about every other weekend to go get my boys for the weekend and there is a few miles I have to take of back road, so need to be somewhat comfort, but being that the car has almost 112K on it, I think it still has stock suspesnsion on everything, so I figure it is time for new items

ASh

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

According to popular opinion around here, subframe connectors ought to be first. Following that, I would do sway bars next. If you are sure to get shocks and springs at the same time, that's great. Otherwise, I'd get shocks before springs.

This is just based on my own experience with my car.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    According to popular opinion around here, subframe connectors ought to be first. Following that, I would do sway bars next. If you are sure to get shocks and springs at the same time, that's great. Otherwise, I'd get shocks before springs.

This is just based on my own experience with my car.
    Thanks for your help, i'm always open to hear everything people have to say, because I like it done when i'm speaking. just out of respect.
    I was looking at the Koni shocks and to be honest, I get they are the best and the price shows, but to be honest I think i'm going with the Bilstein HD's for my shocks and do the Eibach pro kit springs. yes if anything I would do shocks first before the springs, but I believe them two I'm going to do together.
    I mainly want the Bilstein because the price is right where I want to be and along with springs together on price wise. thanks I'll be for sure updating as I go on this

ASh

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

One of the guys I work with has a 2013 5.0, and he went with the Eibach springs. He like 'em. I've only ever driven on the stock Z28 springs and the Stranos. Since springs were my last suspension mod, I will say that I like the stockers almost as much as the Stranos with all the other mods in place.

I don't know how Stranos compare to Eibachs, but Stranos are another well-like product around here. In any case, you should notice a real difference once you get your Eibachs and shocks installed: according to Sam Strano himself, the shocks make a huge difference to the vehicles "handling," and the springs need to match the shock settings.

I really prefer the beefed up suspension over the stock system: I like the more direct feel and communicative nature of the firmer set up. The car also seems more responsive to steering input in a good way, as well... like the whole car is responding at the same time, rather than the front/bottom, and then the top/rear a moment later.

In my opinion, the suspension is the most important part of the car when it comes to increasing the "enjoyability" of the drive.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You'll be happy with the Bilstein shocks.
    It's on jackstands.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

One of the guys I work with has a 2013 5.0, and he went with the Eibach springs. He like 'em. I've only ever driven on the stock Z28 springs and the Stranos. Since springs were my last suspension mod, I will say that I like the stockers almost as much as the Stranos with all the other mods in place.

I don't know how Stranos compare to Eibachs, but Stranos are another well-like product around here. In any case, you should notice a real difference once you get your Eibachs and shocks installed: according to Sam Strano himself, the shocks make a huge difference to the vehicles "handling," and the springs need to match the shock settings.

I really prefer the beefed up suspension over the stock system: I like the more direct feel and communicative nature of the firmer set up. The car also seems more responsive to steering input in a good way, as well... like the whole car is responding at the same time, rather than the front/bottom, and then the top/rear a moment later.

In my opinion, the suspension is the most important part of the car when it comes to increasing the "enjoyability" of the drive.
    I put Eibach pro kit on my 04 Mach 1 and 2013 GT Mustang and really liked them.

ASh

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

If you have T-Tops, definitely subframe connectors.....

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    If you have T-Tops, definitely subframe connectors.....
    yes got the T-tops

ASh

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Helps with the squeaking.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    Helps with the squeaking.
    not only that...it helps eliminate T-Top leaks, it helps keep the quarter panels from creasing, and it REALLY tightens up the car. Sub frame connectors are an absolute must.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

that does make sense with having the T-tops

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Update: So went ahead and bought BMR rear sway bar, since I do not have one on right now, figure go ahead and knock that one out and then start on the other stuff.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Well had my BMR bolt on mounts, but finally got my BMR rear sway bar in, very happy
    Now just finding time to install
    Next is Bilstein shocks and go from there

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

So wanted to update this. Today I order all Bilstein HD shocks for $410 shipped. Going after Eibach pro kit springs next. I want to do the shocks and springs at the same time, also at that time will do the rear sway bar, since i'll be there.
    I do want to get sub-frame connectors soon. I also would like to do front sway bar, since i'm going to have a aftermarket rear one on. I kind of wanted to do a BMR front sway bar to keep the brans matching on the sway bars, but I've found a slightly used UMI front sway bar. I have never messed with UMI before so I do not know anything about them.

ASh

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

My suspension setup is all UMI. Love the stuff and the customer service.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You cannot go wrong with anything from UMI.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Thank you both for the feedback, I will move forward with this in mind.

ASh

blue
    2002 Trans Am

ok so I went ahead and also order my Eibach Pro Kit springs $222.30 shipped

so now I can add that to my list

ASh
    2002 auto T/A custom blue, Moser 9in rear end with 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears, Diablo Sport InTune, SLP LM1 catback, SLP lid & bellow, ram air free mod, eibach pro kit springs, bilstein hd shocks, bmr rear sway bar, bmr 2pt SFC bolt on, silver checker stripes 17x9.5 C5 Vette rims.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

If all this stuff goes on at once, you're going to notice a major change in the car's characteristics. Some would say that any one of these mods makes a night and day difference...

And definitely make sure that subframe connectors are near the top of your list.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

If all this stuff goes on at once, you're going to notice a major change in the car's characteristics. Some would say that any one of these mods makes a night and day difference...

And definitely make sure that subframe connectors are near the top of your list.
    yes for sure, I've done from just adding springs to a bunch of different suspension parts at once and it changes big time.
    The car has 112K so I'm sure springs and shocks are close to being worn out if not almost ready to go, so just replacement on them will be great.
    Also went ahead and order front shock mounts, from what it looks like the stock one after they been on for so long, are hard to get off.

Yes sub-frame connectors are next on the list, I'm guessing weld on is the way to go, always heard bad on the bolt on ones?????
    Also which brands do yall suggest on sub frame. I'm all about using parts that are cheaper, but just as good as the high dollar name brand.
    BMR and UMI I already been told are good stuff is there any others? any suggestions I'm open too.

ASh

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information