rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Which springs for my setup?

Ok this is what I have done as far as suspension setup and the problems i'm having. I have eibach pro kit 1.3 lowering springs, with Stock Shocks. I also have a torque arm, panard bar, sub frame connectors, and non adjustable control arms. I run a 315 tire out the back and it sticks out from the fender alittle bit so when I go over dips in the road the tire will get cuts on the outer wall of the tire because it goes up into the inner fender causing it go get sliced. I believe its due to the stock shock not being stiff enough so does anyone have suggestions on what shock I should buy and if it would solve my problem.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Have you tried adjusting the PHB, you do have an adjustable PHB, correct?

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

The Panard bar right? ya its adjustable but all that does is move the wheels left to right. How would adjusting that help me out?

Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar

Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    The Panard bar right? ya its adjustable but all that does is move the wheels left to right. How would adjusting that help me out?
    It helps center the rear. Are you getting cuts on both side? if so not much you can do left or right but if it's just one side it might help adj. the rear the opposite way.

other things to concider
    offset must be correct, koni SA on a stiffer setting other than full soft, roll the inner fender lip to name a few.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

i had to cut and roll the rear fender lips. the body shop only charged me 75 bucks to do it.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ya that was my second option but would rather not touch the fenders. How did it come out? any pics of the finished job?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

yes pics would be great.... I have "small" 275 width G-force Sports on firehawk 17's and get a little rub on both sides.... going to need to get the fender lip touched up before it gets down to metal. Would like to see how the roll looks.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I have Bilstein shocks and mine still rubs and slices up my passenger side tire. I adjusted mine to go more towards the drivers side but need a bit more adjusting. Stiffer shocks wont solve your problem.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

ya same here, just the passenger side tire. Well i'm glad its not just me with this problem. What a pain in the ass. So you adjust your panard bar so tire sticks out further from the fender on the drivers side? I don't know if I can do that, I like things centered and even ya know. So from what i'm getting I have 3 options. 1. cut the fender 2.buy smaller tires 3. adjust the panard bar......I don't like any of these options really. I guess if theres no other options I would opt to cut the fenders but its not something I want to do. Anyone have any more options for me? Im open to any suggestions no matter what the cost. Its rippin up my $400 tire FML...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Honestly I couldn't care less about the tires. The fact that they are contacting that fender lip is causing them to lose paint and deform. Tires can be replaced.... Sadly your quarter panels..... not so much.

A panhard bar won't help me because it's contacting on both sides so it's not a centering issue. It also happens in straight line driving so it's not a shift in center during cornering problem.... and i'm on stock size tires on stock rims so it's not a bad wheel choice.... I'm about to lose my mind. Last thing I can do is replace my jounce bumper spacers but that will eat into my suspension travel and put more load on the chassis when the car reached the bumpers.... ugh. While I'm at it i should replace the jounce bumpers themselves.

Speaking of which. Anyone know where I can get the white tapered bumpers? The firehawk came stock with them and they are supposedly more progressive than the rectangular black rubber ones that WS6's and other birds came with. I think some Camaro models had the tapered one stock also.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

ya same here, just the passenger side tire. Well i'm glad its not just me with this problem. What a pain in the ass. So you adjust your panard bar so tire sticks out further from the fender on the drivers side? I don't know if I can do that, I like things centered and even ya know. So from what i'm getting I have 3 options. 1. cut the fender 2.buy smaller tires 3. adjust the panard bar......I don't like any of these options really. I guess if theres no other options I would opt to cut the fenders but its not something I want to do. Anyone have any more options for me? Im open to any suggestions no matter what the cost. Its rippin up my $400 tire FML...
    Sorry, but those are your options, that's it!

FYI, if it's rubbing on the passenger side fender lip then you need to adjust the PHB so it's slightly longer and move the rear-end to the drivers side. Here's what you do: get some blue painter tape and apply it up to the inside edge of the fender lip , then adjust the PHB longer in 1/8" to 1/4" increments MAX, put some tire shine around both rear tires and test drive it after each adjustment. Hopefully this solves you problem, if it doesn't then get the fender lips rolled. If you don't know of a good shop then you'll need to start asking anybody, an everybody where to go, eventually you'll find a good place to get it done.
    Last edited by Blue28; 03-06-2010 at 08:42 AM.

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Video's on fender rolling.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Fend...101_104960.htm

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f812S3qm0hA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irPKDRxufc&feature=related[/ame]

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ok I now like the idea of rolling my fenders I just don't get what it looks like as a finished project. It was hard to tell from those videos and if it will be a permanent solution to my problem. Will any body shop know how to do this fender rolling or is it like a unique skill where i'll have to look around? Im really looking for any post-rolling pics to see what it looks like. Any out there?

ford ranger

It is not something that a lot of shops are gonna know how to do. At least around here. I would do alot of research to find a skilled person with alot of experience because like you said it is permanent. and could be f@#k up easily.

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

sorry best i could find. the key is the heat gun so the paint doesn't chip and working the fenders few degrees at a time. it would be cool is someone posted up some good finished fender pics.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Would it be a good idea for someone like myself who has absolutely no experience with this sort or work to give it a try and do it myself? Where would I be able to buy the tool that goes over the lugs?I gotta do something soon with spring almost here and I want this problem solved.

35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Would it be a good idea for someone like myself who has absolutely no experience with this sort or work to give it a try and do it myself? Where would I be able to buy the tool that goes over the lugs?I gotta do something soon with spring almost here and I want this problem solved.
    tirerack
    http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=52

or try a search in your area for someone that rents. you'll also need a heat gun.

try eastwood
    http://www.eastwood.com/fender-finis...t-gun-kit.html
    Last edited by redracer1; 03-12-2010 at 08:08 AM.

ford ranger

Try it man. Just take your time and pay attention and you should be fine.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ya looks like ill have to find a body shop that knows how to do this sort of modification. Im also not clear on the outcome of doing this. Does the outer part of the fender become "flared" or is all thats is happening is the inner body molding being flattened inside the inner fender?

Thread Information