white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

Wink Spring shock upgrade

Hey Guys
    I am currently runing adjustable eibach springs with Kyb shocks
    THE ride is verf poor i am gonna upgrade to new springs thinking of strano but i have send hij 5 Emails over Ã* periode of 2 months and try,d calling 3 times and no response . What els is Ã* good brand springs .?
    I also have Ã* umi panhard bar adjustable And relocating brackets.

Should I keep the shocks or change to koni yellow ?
    Are the worth the 1000 dollars , where I live whe have a lot of speed bumps and stuff so need good suspension I do wanna stay lowered
    I am running 20" neeper moxy rims

Please let me know

Thanks

Greetings from the Netherlands

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

Nobody ?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Well, why is your ride poor. Too hard, soft, bad in the corners, too much bounce ? Also I would start with the shocks and see if that clears up the problem. You may need to switch to UMI control arms. We need more info.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

Hello the front is way to tight and the back to loose the problem is when i drive my car past 80 m/h i just don,t trust the car any more the spring set that i have is a eibach adjustable soo with a ring that you turn up you adjust the ride height which means that the spring only gets shorter because of that there is not much room to travel any more and the kyb shocks i should have got koni,s to begin with but i was to tight at that moment hahahah and also when the shipped my car i think the tight the frame down because when i got my car here to the netherlands the shocks have never been the same!! Greetings

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Do you have access to air tools and a lift.

red
    1999 camaro Z28

If you were thinking Strano's (and I'm surprised he hasn't gotten back to you, he's usually pretty good), Then I would say BMR's are the next safest bet. They are actually rip offs of Strano's, with almost the exact amount of drop and same spring rates. I might get in trouble for saying that, but Oh well. And alot of R&D went into the Strano's as you may already know. I went with Strano's and my car actually rode a bit smoother on them vs stock, with improved handling, of course. As far as the shocks go, people that run them say they are pretty stiff even on their softest setting. I've never ran Koni's, so I cannot speak for them, although I certainly wouldcould not drop a grand on a set of shocks. SLP Bilsteins are the nest best bet if you don't have the money for the Koni's. All depends on how much you want to spend.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Good advice above - and it's been well documented all over about the BMR's and Sam. Odd you never heard back from him. I've called him and spoke to him several times and he's always been extremely helpful.

I'm running the Strano lowering springs with the Koni 4/4's. Zero issues for the last 3 years. Love my car's stance and the ride quality is pretty awesome.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Good advice above - and it's been well documented all over about the BMR's and Sam. Odd you never heard back from him. I've called him and spoke to him several times and he's always been extremely helpful.

I'm running the Strano lowering springs with the Koni 4/4's. Zero issues for the last 3 years. Love my car's stance and the ride quality is pretty awesome.
    do you think your combo, would fit 315/35/17's on 11inch rims if i did the BFH mod, have an adjustable PHB

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post

do you think your combo, would fit 315/35/17's on 11inch rims if i did the BFH mod, have an adjustable PHB
    Not sure on that. That's a pretty wide tire/rim combo. I'm only running a 275/40/17 tire on the stock wheels. Someone else might have your set-up though and can comment. I would think if you rolled the fender lip you might be OK.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red/Black
    2001, Pontiac, Trans Am

Dude I'm running the same combo. Not bad on nice smooth roads, but ill be damned when you hit a pothole its send your spine through your asshole. I just bought some Strano's ill keep you updated on how they ride with the kyb's.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have kept my stock springs and ride height due to our wonderful roads around here. Recently installed Koni Double Adjustable shocks up front and am pleased with the result. Even though I have them set for track duty, the ride on the street is better than the stockers. I also ditched the front sway bar in the process and haven't noticed any real difference in how the front end behaves. Next step will be to upgrade the rear shocks.

Red/Black
    2001, Pontiac, Trans Am

Just installed the Strano springs and new tires the other day. Wow! what a difference, Ride height is still low ~N~ sexy but rides 60% better. Definately worth the upgrade. Kyb's set at 4 in rear and 5 up front. Firm ride, definately not harsh anymore. Worth the $$.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

better ride than stock or was it lowered before you put them on? just so nervous to spend all that money and have the ride horrible. I realize that a lowered car will be necessarily stiffer but I don't wanna feel like I'm driving a tank either. It's a DD \
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBrooks View Post
    Just installed the Strano springs and new tires the other day. Wow! what a difference, Ride height is still low ~N~ sexy but rides 60% better. Definately worth the upgrade. Kyb's set at 4 in rear and 5 up front. Firm ride, definately not harsh anymore. Worth the $$.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Stranos and Konis are always the recommended choice around here. I don't think you'll find any unhappy members running this combination to lower their cars.

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

sam got right back to me too. I just ordered and put on his springs and swaybars within the last two months. I already had konis.
    He has developed his setup from alot of track time. I didn't want to have to re-invent the wheel. The ride is good, The car will ride great in the Netherlands, our roads in the Northeast are terrible.
    I'd give him another call. Of course get koni. Support your local economy
    Lou

Thread Information