Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Shocks or sway bars

I'm trying to decide whether to replace the stock shocks with Bilstien, NOT KONIS I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT AND CANT AFFORD THEM (they cost the same as one class), or some UMI sway bars. I'm trying to get the best performance for my money. the suspension have around 100,000 miles on it without replacing anything. Which would have a more improvement on turning. once again NOT KONIS UNLESS YOUR OFFERING TO PAY FOR THEM OR GIFT THEM TOO ME. lol which i would love if anyone of your gave me a free set. thanks.
    Last edited by 00camaro16; 04-21-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

your title confuses me..you asked shocks or sway bars ..then started talking about shocks and subframe connectors.

honestly i would pick shocks. our shocks brand new blow bad. so you will feel a huge difference right away. SFC are also a strongly suggested mod. and you will feel a difference...but SFCs can wait...i would suggest you do bilsteins, then as soon as you get some more money get the umi 3 point weld in SFCs
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    your title confuses me..you asked shocks or sway bars ..then started talking about shocks and subframe connectors.

honestly i would pick shocks. our shocks brand new blow bad. so you will feel a huge difference right away. SFC are also a strongly suggested mod. and you will feel a difference...but SFCs can wait...i would suggest you do bilsteins, then as soon as you get some more money get the umi 3 point weld in SFCs
    yea sorry about that, i edited it. i actually already just last weekend installed some UMI 3 point SFC. i love them just not yet up to par with what i want.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    yea sorry about that, i edited it. i actually already just last weekend installed some UMI 3 point SFC. i love them just not yet up to par with what i want.
    the shocks will be huge. i actually got one of the biggest "feel" improvements with my adjustable panhard bar....it tightened the car a considerable amount. that might have been due to the fact that my stock bar was bend pretty badly

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Do the shocks first. If you have a little extra left change out any suspension bushings that are bad. The fronts will be easier with the struts removed for replacement anyway. Might as well change the ball joints too.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

I would also do shocks first and then swaybars. I would recommend getting poly bushings and endlinks for you factory bars and see how you like that. They will tighten the car well

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Shocks, not even close.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

My stock shocks weren't great but I felt a bigger difference in the corners w/ a front sway bar then I did w/ my bilsteins.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I would call up Sam Strano, great guy to deal with, and explain to him what your goal is with the car. He will give you many options on what to use to get your desired affect and not try to push you into buying any parts that you don't want.

Thread Information