Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shaking seat

This is a discussion on Shaking seat within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Just read most of the post and i also have the nexxen tires and i have had a vibration since ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Just read most of the post and i also have the nexxen tires and i have had a vibration since i put these on. They were a ebay special tire/wheel combo. They vibrate worse at lower speeds but it's there everywhere from 30-130. When i jacked the back up and started and ran the car you could see the wheel was true but the tires looked to have a flat spot on them, i even rotated and rechecked and they all have it. Figuered i would live with it untill i wear them out and then buy a brand name tire, (firestone,bridgestone,bf goodrich etc). It seems to have gotten better with more miles, maybe 10k on them now, but it's still there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

I think that the tires are the answer to this dilema. I am wondering if I can do anything warranty wise about them. Or I will just get a new set and leave the Nexens on the back and burn them up, then put the other 2 nexens on the back and burn them up. A good excuse to have some fun.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by j nix View Post
    I think that the tires are the answer to this dilema. I am wondering if I can do anything warranty wise about them. Or I will just get a new set and leave the Nexens on the back and burn them up, then put the other 2 nexens on the back and burn them up. A good excuse to have some fun.
    Did you purchase a warranty with them? If you didn't, you could call them up, don't give your name, and see if they manufacture gives any kind of warranty with them.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

No I didnt. I will google them online and see what i can find out. I bought them from some independent guy. I dont even know if I have his number anymore. Wasnt impressed with the guy.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Nexens website specifically said they dont cover flat spots in the tires from improper storage. That would be what I did. Let the car sit on the tires or 2 months without moving it. Got my car out today to give it a bath and it shook bad. The more i drive it thou, the smoother it gets. I just want to pull it out o the garage and have it drive nice all the time. Sucks I just bought those tires.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Nexens website specifically said they dont cover flat spots in the tires from improper storage. That would be what I did. Let the car sit on the tires or 2 months without moving it. Got my car out today to give it a bath and it shook bad. The more i drive it thou, the smoother it gets. I just want to pull it out o the garage and have it drive nice all the time. Sucks I just bought those tires.
    that really sucks if you're stuck w/ them... how long does it take for them to warm up and smooth out? also are you running w/ them at the cold tire pressure on the driver door sticker (mine says 30psi cold tire pressure, and i try to keep it around 31-32psi), or by some value marked on the tire sidewall. maybe incorrect pressure could be exacerbating the problem??

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

It takes about 20-30 minutes of driving to smooth out and it doesnt totally go away. I am not sure. I will have to check. Discount tire last balanced them and set the pressure. I would think you could leave your car sitting for 2 months without ruining your tires, but I guess you can't. I now wonder what tires out there hold their shape the best. I don't drive my TA everyday and I don't want to have a shaky ride fir the first 20 minutes everytime. That's crappy.

blue
    1999 TransAm

wow, 20-30 mins sounds like too long to smooth them out! yeah, i wouldn't think 2 mo. sitting would "ruin" them, but if the manufacturer claims that then...

if you decide to get new tires, i have toyo versado (all season tires), ... i think they're pretty good, i don't have any bad flat spot issues w/ them, ...but this car is my DD, so it doesn't sit too long..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

I have finally had the opportunity to get my car out every couple days. Consistent driving has completely eliminated the shaking. Looks like the cold weather and the car sitting where the two factors. The tire had flat spots. I will have to raise the car for storage.

blue
    1999 TransAm

well good to hear it wasn't a more serious issue.. just the tires, some are better than others when it comes to developing flat spots.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    The only thing listed here that may have an effect on the vibration is the shocks..

None of the other things will stop or dampen mechanical vibrations..

No an alignment is something you can't do yourself without the proper equiptment which most folks don't own..

Flat spotted tires, bent rim/damaged rim, lost wheel weight, bad sway bar links, poor suspension, bad ball joints/tie rod ends, loose panhard/torque arm, etc etc..

All or one can contribute to vibration..

Check the lug nuts..
    I have finally had the opportunity to get my car out every couple days. Consistent driving has completely eliminated the shaking. Looks like the cold weather and the car sitting where the two factors. The tire had flat spots. I will have to raise the car for storage.
    Does'nt matter how new tire tech is it's still rubber with a life span..

Glad you're under way again..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information