Thread: sfc's

Snake Eater

sfc's

well this is all i have left to finish up my susp. just curious if the tubular or boxed were better. thanks..

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Depends what you're going to do with your car. If you're into hardcore auto-x, boxed would be better. For a daily driver, tubular would be fine. Tubular lets you not worry about ground clearance though some owners of boxed sfcs say they have no problems. I went with tubular for my daily driver.

Deciding on what style subframe connector will be personal preference. The triangle style gets it torsion stiffness from spreading the load through a greater area of the car. The single round tube style gets its strength from just simply being round tubing and if designed properly will tuck up against the lower seam weld area to allow for stitch welding along the kicker panel. I would stay away from a single square tube or rectangular design as the torsion stiffness just is not there on square tubing. Square or rectangular tubing is strong in bending as long as the force is directly against one of the four sides but it is very weak in torsion stiffness. Good luck on your decision and if you want to get into more detail feel free to email or give us a call.

Brian Croutcher
    J&M Products
    www.hotpart.com
    brian@hotpart.com
    805-239-1558 Phone
    805-239-1339 Fax

Mystic Teal
    2000 Z28

i have the triangulated box style weld ins and i am VERY pleased with them. got them for $180 shipped from J&M. i had those put on and put a strut tower brace on the same day and i cant even begin to describe how much better the car feels while driving. just WOW
    Last edited by snake_skinner00; 03-22-2006 at 11:47 AM.

silver
    2002 TA WS6 A4-Vert

anybody know who makes the tube style for verts? Are they really noticeable, or can you just see them when your down lower looking at them?

Thread Information