Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SFC's!

This is a discussion on SFC's! within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Looks like a torque arm mount. Not necessary for your application, but you can upgrade to it later if needed....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like a torque arm mount. Not necessary for your application, but you can upgrade to it later if needed.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Awesome, thanks again!!

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFlame View Post
    I'm having Exotic Performance Plus install mine tomorrow morning. I'm getting the Box Tube Connectors that BMR makes, its 2" square tubing, and it's being welded in place.
    Just to follow up on this, I finally got a chance to have a little fun with the car this morning, it rained yesterday. The biggest difference I felt right away was ride quality. The car definitely feels more solid and going over railroad tracks or any bump feels a lot smoother. Gunning it from a stop the car stays straight instead of twisting apart, my only problem with that is traction, crappy 245/50/16's..... Love them, wish I would have gotten them sooner!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just to follow up on this, I finally got a chance to have a little fun with the car this morning, it rained yesterday. The biggest difference I felt right away was ride quality. The car definitely feels more solid and going over railroad tracks or any bump feels a lot smoother. Gunning it from a stop the car stays straight instead of twisting apart, my only problem with that is traction, crappy 245/50/16's..... Love them, wish I would have gotten them sooner!
    Get some vht and let that psi out to 22psi, that ought to help a bit

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS--SOLD

any clearance issues at all? how do the welds look?

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
    any clearance issues at all? how do the welds look?
    No clearance issues at all. They tuck up real nice, my RS Side Skirts hang lower than these and the subframes are no where near the exhaust or anything that moves. The welds look fine, looks like they even painted over them as well.

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

i have a set of the 3 way bolt-on SFC's and my car is lowered. so i jacked up one side of the car at a time and installed one at a time! when i finished there was a little settling noise but after 20mins of driving and hitting bumps it stopped and it is completely quiet now. UMI 3 way bolt-on deff the way too go!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

UMI 3pt on hardtop.
    Had to wrestle with the passenger side to get it to line up. Apparently my car had shifted a little over time. Had the front wheels on ramps and the rear frame rails on stands. Diff jacked up a little.
    Put the rear back on the ground completely and jacked up the drivers side rear frame to make a little flex. Still had to pull and have my helper put the bolts in.
    Made a tremendous difference after the install. The rattles and groans in the rear have stopped and the leak on the window is very minimal now.
    Now on to the exhaust.

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

i dont have it on my car, it looks like it would make your car bottom out easier!

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by usafshelley View Post
    i dont have it on my car, it looks like it would make your car bottom out easier!
    some brands hang lower then others umi is one that hungs the bottom of the car real close.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

Just installed my UMI's today. Did it myself in the driveway with ramps and jackstands. They fit nice!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SS View Post
    Just installed my UMI's today. Did it myself in the driveway with ramps and jackstands. They fit nice!

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Sweet! Ill be ordering mine along with some goodies since it'll probably be a while till i get my car back..

Did the car feel better?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i have the same set and yes you can feal it with them on. it just feals more stabile.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

Yes you can feel that the car is tighter when you go in to driveways and such

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guys!

So i was looking at the umi 3 points since they're on sale mostly everywhere and i noticed they all have this middle piece. Will i need that too?

Click for full size
    as I stated in another thread, that's why I went with UMI SFC and a UMI torque arm / relocation, my car is SOLID... were the 3rd point comes together with the cross memeber for the TQ arm I installed longer than supplied bolts and put lock nuts on top of them just to make sure everything stayed in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information