Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Road Race setup??

This is a discussion on Road Race setup?? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Hello, I recommend giving Sam Strano a call and discussing with him what you want your car to do and ...

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

recommendation for Strano Performance

Hello,

I recommend giving Sam Strano a call and discussing with him what you want your car to do and ask him lot's of questions. I spoke to Sam several times before I bought anything and he was very straight forward and did not try to sell me a whole bunch of expensive parts.

It sounds like you will be trying SCCA Solo II when you get your car together. I recommend asking the fellow SCCA racers for lot's of advice especially the one's with f-bodies, mustangs or vettes.

I drove my car at about 4 or 5 events before making any mods to make sure I was serious about it. I fell in love with it, but not everybody does. My local SCCA club has several F-body drivers that I made friends with.

I learned that the biggest opportunity for improvement is with the loose nut behind the wheel. If you believe your car is limiting your racing ability then get one of the best drivers that races in your local SCCA events and have them co-drive your car with you for one event or a few runs. You will likely be amazed at what your car can do with a truly skilled driver.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions until you have gained enough knowledge to make good decisions for you and your vehicle.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 03-19-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed non sponsor link

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't post direct links to non sponsors

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Please don't post direct links to non sponsors
    Sorry about that I did not know that Strano Parts was not a sponsor and I also did not know that we were not allowed to post links to non-sponsors. That seems kind of strict, but as a moderator you make the rules.

Thank you for correcting my error and posting the rule. I will comply from now on.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KCC455 View Post
    Sorry about that I did not know that Strano Parts was not a sponsor and I also did not know that we were not allowed to post links to non-sponsors. That seems kind of strict, but as a moderator you make the rules.

Thank you for correcting my error and posting the rule. I will comply from now on.

No problem

Mods enforce the rules, we don't make them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information