Pewter
    1999 Formula Firebird

Rear Sway Bar question?

So im going to order my UMI bolt-in SFC(or would Weld-in be better in the long run) in a few days but i was looking at there Rear sway bars too, I was just wondering will a stronger Rear sway bar really help that much at the drag strip or is that money better spend eles where? Im trying to get some of the basic cheap suspension upgrades out of the way in the winter time now before i jump into the motor in the summer.
    Thanks

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

weld in are better, but bolt in is better than nothing. you can always bolt them in for now and get them welded later on.

bigger rear bars help, but not everyone needs them. sit down and look at your plan for the car before you start buying parts. do you have trouble hooking now? any wheel hop? how much power do you plan on making? is it street driven? do you care about handling at all?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I don't know about drag apps. But a stiffer sway bar will help reduce or elminate(sp) body roll and could prove to greatly improve or reduce cornering.. Sometimes too stiff a bar and the rear becomes harder to keep under control powering out of corners. Especially on the street where the surfaces can vary greatly...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you have stock lower control arms and panhard bar you should consider upgrading to either boxed or tubular pieces -- before a sway bar upgrade -- imo. I went with all UMI stuff on our car and am quite pleased with the fit and quality of their stuff.

Pewter
    1999 Formula Firebird

Ya iv heard alot of good things about UMI products. As of now its my DD and ill probably just add headers and ORY next (with all other bolt ons). But later i plan on really tearing into it and making it my weekend drag car and pretty much do away with makeing it my DD. So ill just do some more research untill then, ill have to see how it hooks up this year at the track with the M/Ts.
    Thanks

Thread Information