Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1999 camaro SS

rear end alignment Q:

asumeing everything is straight; will your rear end be aligned as long as both the LCA are the same length?

I'm asking because I shortened up my LCA before I put the bigger wheels on because the wheels were very close to the back of the wheel wells. I lowered the car and that's why it was like that.

the LCA are set to the same length on both sides so I just want to be sure I did it the right way

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    asumeing everything is straight; will your rear end be aligned as long as both the LCA are the same length?

I'm asking because I shortened up my LCA before I put the bigger wheels on because the wheels were very close to the back of the wheel wells. I lowered the car and that's why it was like that.

the LCA are set to the same length on both sides so I just want to be sure I did it the right way
    measure from the center of the front to rear wheel on each side and see if its the same

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you have adjustables your thrust angle could be off. I checked mine on an alignment rack just to be sure. If you want I could set that up for you. Don't think you will need it but-

black
    1999 camaro SS

I'm going to first do what tater is talking about but if it doesn't feel right I'll take you up on your offer C5. thanks guys

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    measure from the center of the front to rear wheel on each side and see if its the same

I'm going to first do what tater is talking about but if it doesn't feel right I'll take you up on your offer C5. thanks guys
    Don't forget the panhard bar.. Our cars favor the drivers side iirc.. In other words, I would check your latteral alignment too..

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

Don't forget the panhard bar.. Our cars favor the drivers side iirc.. In other words, I would check your latteral alignment too..
    what's another way I can check the PHB besides the "weight on a string" method. the wheels I have now slightly stick out of the fender so i'm not able to acurately tell anymore.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

what's another way I can check the PHB besides the "weight on a string" method. the wheels I have now slightly stick out of the fender so i'm not able to acurately tell anymore.
    Only way I know of without equiptment..

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I threw my LCAs on my camaro and they were the same length but the car drove like it wanted to go one way when i had the wheel straight and was on the highway. Believe it or not did the measuring thing and the car drove straight as an arrow after that. But if your rear is pushed further towards one side it will throw the measurement off like smittro said. I didnt have much room for panhard alignment because the tires would have rubbed

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If they stick out past the fender, you could just take a straight edge off the actual body of the car to the wheel on each side and see how close it is by eye-balling it.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If they stick out past the fender, you could just take a straight edge off the actual body of the car to the wheel on each side and see how close it is by eye-balling it.
    I've actualy done that already and it looks fine. I've adjusted the panhard twice before I adjusted the LCA and put big wheels on it was perfect then, so hopefuly measuring from the front wheels to the back will help

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

I suggest :
    use PHB to set side to side,use LCA to adjust the wheels in center of wheel well,
    complete alignment ( be sure it includes setting the rear thrust line)( I suggest some where close + 0.07( different car like different setting)after all above then set TA angle
    just my .02' Johnny
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

yep, my rearend is pushed more to the driver side...about 1-2inchs....with my wider TT2s its very noticeable now

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    yep, my rearend is pushed more to the driver side...about 1-2inchs....with my wider TT2s its very noticeable now
    same here, i gotta move mine over a little. Its not any more than an inch but you can tell

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I could'nt remember which side..

I could'nt remember which side..
    if you put wide rims you can tell EZ with the smaller ones its hard.....you will never have a problem

White
    2008 Hummer H3

if you put wide rims you can tell EZ with the smaller ones its hard.....you will never have a problem

black
    1999 camaro SS

I measured like tater said and it's almost perfect so I'm going to leave it alone. I got the car on wheel ramps to adjust the TA and I notice the TA is pointed down in the bushing on the tranny side, so it looks like I'm going to have to drop the tranny support to adjust the placement.

I never thought lowering your car was such a PITA

I measured like tater said and it's almost perfect so I'm going to leave it alone. I got the car on wheel ramps to adjust the TA and I notice the TA is pointed down in the bushing on the tranny side, so it looks like I'm going to have to drop the tranny support to adjust the placement.

I never thought lowering your car was such a PITA
    true lol BUT it has nothing todo with the trans am.....its like this for all cars and trucks lol

anytime you change something from factory setting you will pay the price

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

true...

Lowering your car changes the cars suspension geometry...therefore everything needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    true...

Lowering your car changes the cars suspension geometry...therefore everything needs to be adjusted accordingly.
    aka....bigger hammer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information