Pewter Metallic
    2000 WS6 Formula

Question: Eibach Sportline Springs and Bilstein HD shocks?

Got a stock 2000 WS6 Formula. I've already purchased the springs and am wanting to get the Bilstein HD shocks. My question is about the spring perches on the front de carbons. Will the spring perches come off the stock de carbons and can I use them on the Bilsteins? And if so, would the stock perches be compatible with the Eibach Sportline Springs (kit #4.7083)? I noticed the Bilsteins are listed as being 46mm in diameter (part # 24-024068), not sure of the de carbons. Perhaps someone has done this particular combination before and would know if I need any other hardware. Or perhaps another shock would be more compatible with the Sportlines? Thanks. (I don't race or autocross; I'm just doing a WW that may perhaps be a showcar one day.)
    Last edited by mrbvlo; 06-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I have slp bilstein shocks with vogtland springs. I just replaced all the shock hardware with new upper and lower spring perches, as well a new isolator and cover. I bought monroe and moog parts, if you need it I can find the part numbers.

However, you can reuse the old parts if wanted.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 06-21-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Pewter Metallic
    2000 WS6 Formula

Thanks 98. I was hoping the perches would come off and could be reused with the bilsteins. I'm going to see if I can get the old hardware off and then as long as it's serviceable, I'll use it. If not, I'll be asking for those part numbers. I know I could just call Bilstein or Eibach, but I'm not sure I'll get someone on the phone who really knows what they're talking about. I appreciate hearing it first hand from someone who "actually" did it! I plan on taking alot of photos to document the process.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I'm just waiting in my OEM coil springs. I have bilsteins shocks for the front standing by. I ordered everything brand new from rockauto.com in case I need them. The spring perch comes right off once the coil is removed. If you need a new one they are pretty cheap.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I just finished installing all the bilstein shocks. I was able to reuse the perch, eibach spring mount and boot. I put a new isolator and a new bump stop. So far so good. they are alittle more stiffer than the monroes but they feel better. The car doesn't bottom out no more. The bump stops were destroyed. I'm testing the eibach springs and then decide if I keep them or not.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I think this was part of my problem. The thing is that i push the shaft of the monroe shocks in and it seems to come out fine. It almost like the shock is not bad.

Thread Information