Thread: poping sound

Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

poping sound

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question?

I seem to have this poping sound coming from the rear of the car. I know it's not the rear axle (meaning bad or chipped gears) or a u-joint. It sounds as if it coming from the forward left side control arm... But if you drive normal it never does it not even passing over a bad bump. It seems to only do it when you do a launch or take a right hand turn really hard.

Now I'm wondering if it is the rubber bushing on the control arm? The car never did this until I installed the sub-frame connectors... Since I installed these things the car squeaks on the left hand side when ever you get in or out of the car, changing from reverse to drive and vice versa. Even over slight bumps it gives a squeak? Is this the subframe scuffing along the body as it flexs? and is this also the possible source for the poping?

Has anyone ever noticed a problem with their sub-frames causing noises? Or a poping sound after an install?

Your help is greatly appreciated

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

seeing as you live in longwood, why don't you bring it by my shop one day over on n john young pkwy.

sounds like you have bolt in SFC. the body might be rubbing it. best thing to do is have them welded to the car. or, it could be just the rubber bushing squeaking on the body. try putting some grease on the bushing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    seeing as you live in longwood, why don't you bring it by my shop one day over on n john young pkwy.

sounds like you have bolt in SFC. the body might be rubbing it. best thing to do is have them welded to the car. or, it could be just the rubber bushing squeaking on the body. try putting some grease on the bushing.

Yes, they are the bolt in type. However, I don't want them weld in for various reasons but the most important reason is I want to be able to remove them for repairs...

I've tried greasing the bushing but it does nothing to stop the squeak... The squeak is the least of my problems. It's the poping sound that disturbes me the most, I can't figure out what it is and what is causing it...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, bring it by one day.

Thread Information