Panhard Bar and LCA's

This is a discussion on Panhard Bar and LCA's within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; I have a question, I just installed my new UMI panhard bar and LCA's combo on my trans am, i ...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Panhard Bar and LCA's

I have a question, I just installed my new UMI panhard bar and LCA's combo on my trans am, i have not yet lowered my car or anything and this is the first suspension mod I have added. I installed everything according to the instructions and torked everything down to the specks, but now when im driving over small bumps in the road or in the parking lot the rear end makes alot of noice kinda like the bushings are grinding or something and the rear end makes like a jousting sound for a lack of better words. Is this sort of thing normal kind of like a set in period or are the parts binding, like i over torked the bushings? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnShaggy View Post
    I have a question, I just installed my new UMI panhard bar and LCA's combo on my trans am, i have not yet lowered my car or anything and this is the first suspension mod I have added. I installed everything according to the instructions and torked everything down to the specks, but now when im driving over small bumps in the road or in the parking lot the rear end makes alot of noice kinda like the bushings are grinding or something and the rear end makes like a jousting sound for a lack of better words. Is this sort of thing normal kind of like a set in period or are the parts binding, like i over torked the bushings? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Did you grease up the ends like the instructions said? There will be more noise transmitted. It is a much firmer setup.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

If you have any solid ends, it could be that the adjustment bolt is loose and allowing the end to bind. Not sure of the sounds you are describing, but it that is the case it will sound almost like rocks being thrown up from under the car.

black
    2002 WS6

I second the greasing, did you follow the instructions to the letter? I just put in UMI LCAs adn they are much quieter then stock. did you tourque them before or after the weight of the car was on the axel.

I just put the bolts in finger tight before letting the weight of the car settle on the axel.
    2002 WS.6, black - SLP air lid, UMI non adjustable panard and LCAs, Nitto 555

Red
    2001 ws6

I HAVE ROD ended lcas and subframe connectors and rod ended panhard bar and trust me they create a clunking sound when accelerating from a stop so i wouldnt worry if i were you just make sure everythings tight
    Last edited by Rk ws6; 06-07-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: miss spell

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    If you have any solid ends, it could be that the adjustment bolt is loose and allowing the end to bind. Not sure of the sounds you are describing, but it that is the case it will sound almost like rocks being thrown up from under the car.
    Haha Yep thats what it was thanks man, I just got done tightening everything down - problem solved! Yea I feel like a dumb ass lol, i made sure they were tight when I installed them i dont know what happened oh well thanks for the tips guys!

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnShaggy View Post
    Haha Yep thats what it was thanks man, I just got done tightening everything down - problem solved! Yea I feel like a dumb ass lol, i made sure they were tight when I installed them i dont know what happened oh well thanks for the tips guys!
    I only know because when I installed my LCAs I did the same thing. The panhard if you have rod ends on both sides you will have to keep an eye on as they will start to bind up on their own, or at least I have not found a way to keep if from happening yet.

Thread Information