Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

other mods with sportlines?

alright i know some of this stuff is probably answered in a couple other posts so i apologize if it is. i was going to put the sportlines on my car i already have them sitting in a box right next to be but i started reading a little bit and one person said that the rear shocks bottmed out and somone else said theres was fine. im hoping somone else out there tried this already and can help me out. i have a 1998 Z28 6-speed coupe. i already have suspension techniques sway bars no SFC's but with the coupe i dont think thats quite as important. just need to know if they will work with the stock struts n shocks.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Yup, it will work. Did this on my Lt1 and drove it 13000 miles that way. Prolly would not hurt to replace the shocks/struts but it is not something you HAVE to do.--Tony

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

it'll work... will really ride like sh!t, though.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

black black pewter
    89,00 LPE WS6,02 LPE WS6

adj kyb's will bottom out on your way to the track., but at the track, they work flawlessly. im looking for a little better compromise. probably in a koni. will be talking to eibach monday to see what they recommend.
    83 Firebird SCCA Race Car, 89 WS6 T5 SCCA Race Car 00 Lingenfelter WS6 T-Top 6spd Transam, race suspension, baer brakes, 02 Lingenfelter WS6 vert 6spd Transam, 1971 LT1 Vert Corvette, 06 Ext Cab Z88 5 spd Canyon, 08 Z71 Ext Cab Sierra

Mag Red
    '98 C5

mine bottomed out for the 100 miles I drove it w/the stock shocks before I got the Bilstiens.

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

well since i first posted this i researched a little more and looked around on my car. i in fact already have bilsteins on it. were these factory or were they put on after? cuz i just bought the car a few months ago and it already had some monter ass sway bars on it i wonder if they put those in to. The bilsteins are wellow and blue with green writing on them correct?

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

anyone got some more info?? putting the springs in tomarow i would like to know if my shocks are gonna go kaboom on me or if ill be ok.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I was todl by the guys at GMMG if the car has over a 50K to replace them. I just went witht he pro kit on my 00 SS and the KYB AGX's are badass. If your using the Sport kit that is even more of a drop so I would definately go with new shocks and something adj. Don't know the budget, but they are several to chose from.

Red
    1998 Z28 6-speed

yeah the budget is getting tight. i had the slave go out on me so i was just going to do that but i just sold first car and paid off some bills and had enough left to do a couple things. so i got the ls7 clutch kit from fred beans which should be getting delivered today and decided to lower it also. I know for a fact its got some bilsteins on it and i just want to make it on those until i get my tax returns and i was going to get the QA1 12 way adjustables. they come out to like $630 for the set of 4

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Due to the difficulty of changing out the springs and shocks, I would go ahead and change the shocks too. There is no telling how long those shocks have been on the car aside from calling the previous owner if that is even possible. I know that I am not speaking from experience of lowering my car, but I am speaking from experience when it comes to doing it right the first time. Better safe than sorry. It will be money well spent from what I hear.
    John
    Come by and check out my 2000 SS
    Click here
    FQuick Site

silver
    2000 WS6

This is kinda off of the subject and i know is going to sound really stupid but can anyone tell me what an adjustable pan hard bar is and what it does?

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

If you look under your car, there is a bar that runs from one side to the other. This bar is somewhat U-shaped, it connects to the rear end on one side and connects to the body of the car on the other. It's purpose is to keep the rear end centered on the car. Normally, it is required to purchase an adjustable pan hard bar when you lower your car. By lowering the car, the stock bar pushes the rearend out of center. When you lower your car more than an inch, it is normally a neccessity.

silver
    2000 WS6

i see what can i do for traction to keep my tires from wanting to spin so bad off the line when racing besides staying out of it so much and different wheels and tires

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I read somewhere that Lower Control Arms will help with that problem. Also you can utilize LCA relocation brackets which will help also. You could use the relocation brackets even without lowering the car. I think I read that on this website if I'm not mistaken. What that does is change the angle that your rear-end sits, therefore giving somewhat better traction. I know it will help with wheel hop. I'm no expert though, I'm just regurgatating information I've read. Do your own research to confirm that.

Thread Information