ok i think i f*cked up any tricks to fix it.

This is a discussion on ok i think i f*cked up any tricks to fix it. within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; ok so im putting on my 3 point sub frame connectors today, and i unbolted the rear LCA, both... now ...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

ok i think i f*cked up any tricks to fix it.

ok so im putting on my 3 point sub frame connectors today, and i unbolted the rear LCA, both... now i cant get them to line back up again. any tricks to get them too. they are more towards the front of the car they the hole is. i should have just had the shop put these in, too much of a pain.
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Is your car on it's wheels, or on jackstands in the back (and where are the stands placed)? You may be able to use a 2x4 or something to coax the axle back. Use it like a lever against the axle tube and the underbody -- just be careful of brakelines and such. If the car is on it's wheels, chock the front tires and then have a helper push on the rear wheel as if to roll the car backwards. If the holes are close, you can insert a large screwdriver or socket extension in the hole (from the nut side) and coax it back also.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Is your car on it's wheels, or on jackstands in the back (and where are the stands placed)? You may be able to use a 2x4 or something to coax the axle back. Use it like a lever against the axle tube and the underbody -- just be careful of brakelines and such. If the car is on it's wheels, chock the front tires and then have a helper push on the rear wheel as if to roll the car backwards. If the holes are close, you can insert a large screwdriver or socket extension in the hole (from the nut side) and coax it back also.
    what jeff said that is what i did

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

What Jeff said is really all that needs to be done. Screwdriver or a small Ladyfoot to line it up. Or have a buddy help push on one side. Just find a way to gain leverage on the axle to pull towards to front of the car.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

its on jack stands which are under the axle, I'm guessing to use the 2x4 against the axle tube, the jacks are going to have to be somewhere else taking the weight off the axle right?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    its on jack stands which are under the axle, I'm guessing to use the 2x4 against the axle tube, the jacks are going to have to be somewhere else taking the weight off the axle right?
    Put it this way, I would not want to be under the car prying on the axle with it set on jackstands. You may want to just gently set it back on the ground, maybe with some long pieces of wood under the wheels to gain a few inches of clearance.

The panhard, shocks and torque arm will hold the axle pretty much where it needs to be. Just make sure to leave everything loose and then tighten it to spec once the car is back in the air with the suspension loaded.

If you do leave it in the air - get a floor jack or some extra stands under it for safety sake. How far are the holes off? It can't be very far out of alignment.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

got my sub-frames on and they don't clunk (after 1 20 min drive) i love them probably the best mod i ever did, well except for the V8 swap.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

DAMN YOU!!! get mine to stop clunking haha.. but seriosuly congrats on the sfcs

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats!

Now... what's next?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Congrats!

Now... what's next?
    hopefully shocks, i need them badly.

Thread Information