metallic pewter, red
    2002 Z28, 1972 Z28

Noise from the front

I am hearing a loud grinding noise coming from the driver side front tire area when turning right but only when the car is cold or has been sitting. No noise when turning left. Any ideas on what to look for? Car has 89k.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Could it be that the inner fender well has come loose?
    Also could be a hub going bad. Check the rubber brake line on that side and see if it is twisted because turning right the line will be at full exstension. To check the hub you realy need to take the wheel and rotor off and try checking for any play in that front hub. I just replaced both of mine but I could hear the bearing noise while going down the road and leaning on one side(changing lanes back and forth) or the other. GM wants something like 700 for one hub but the parts lady on ebay has them for like 200 each. Or I got mine from advanced auto They are new not rebuilt for 170 each but they are not GM parts. My car has 90k on it just to compair notes.
    Last edited by JaycenK; 02-21-2009 at 01:34 PM.

metallic pewter, red
    2002 Z28, 1972 Z28

Will check the hub next time I had the wheel off, during visual inpection I saw no issue except from the topside where I notice that the sepertine belt is walking off the top pulleys. I hope that is the issue. BTW who is the parts ladyon ebay? Thanks for your input.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Thats the Ebay store name if I remember right. If you do a search for the part #7470587 (GM HUB PART #) on ebay most of the time they have them. You say you have belt walk but can you make this noise happen if the car is not moving? or moving realy slow? Most bearing noise is going to only be herd at speeds above 15 to 20mph. I couldn't hear mine untill I got up to 30.

metallic pewter, red
    2002 Z28, 1972 Z28

I only hear it turning right for the first turn or 2 in the morning when I leave for work then it is normal until I leave work then I hear it again for the first right turn.
    I got the belt back in place last night and was hoping that was the problem but still heard the nasty grinding noise and can feel it slightly in the steering wheel when i made the first right turn this a.m. Guess I will need to take the wheel and rotor and check the hub as you suggested.

Thread Information