Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New and trying to get shit on the go...

This is a discussion on New and trying to get shit on the go... within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Do the BMR LCA relocator brackets work with the factory LCA's? Not planning on keeping the factory ones but just ...

White
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Do the BMR LCA relocator brackets work with the factory LCA's? Not planning on keeping the factory ones but just in case... and as far as subframe connectors are bolt ons as reliable as the weld ons?
    Last edited by BlackbirdRamAir; 01-07-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Nope, at least I didn't. I have BMR boxed LCAs and all is well. There's a 9 inch under there two, don't know if that need to be taken into consideration. Mine seems to be centered just fine.
    Thanx. No mod money now but gonna do this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackbirdRamAir View Post
    Do the BMR LCA relocator brackets work with the factory LCA's? Not planning on keeping the factory ones but just in case... and as far as subframe connectors are bolt ons as reliable as the weld ons?
    They will just bolt in there same as an aftermarket would but as I was asking about the legnth. Apparently they should fit as Hi Po said his did.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nope, at least I didn't. I have BMR boxed LCAs and all is well. There's a 9 inch under there two, don't know if that need to be taken into consideration. Mine seems to be centered just fine.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackbirdRamAir View Post
    The OEM LCA's are stamped metal and not very sturdy. If you hook them up to relocation brackets they might give some, which would pretty much defeat your objection. I am not saying this will happen for sure, but I would suggest just saving up and doing them together IMO.

SFC bolt-ins will be easier and cheaper as far as installation goes. If you decide to get the bolt-ins, you can always weld them later if you want. However, with weld-ins, you never have to worry about them. Ex. bolts can come loose, etc. Not to say this would happen, but hardcore enthusiasts would recommend weld-in.

White
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

Thanks 35th.. gonna wait and do it all at the same time. I have another 4 or 5 months before i can get her back out on the road so I'll have lots of time to order parts.

white
    83 mustang coupe

What you are changing with the drop brackets is you instant center google it, Understanding instant center will make you understand more about your suspension tuning. Hp and torque wont get you no where without suspension mods.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I have been having wheel hop issues as well. So when I got home from work today my UMI lca's, panhard bar, and torque arm( all non-adj.) were waiting on the porch for me. If all this doesn't fix the wheel hop, should I try the relocation brackets next? I also have a Yank SS4000 coming, so if I can get it to hook, I should be able to knock off some 60 ft. times.
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    I have been having wheel hop issues as well. So when I got home from work today my UMI lca's, panhard bar, and torque arm( all non-adj.) were waiting on the porch for me. If all this doesn't fix the wheel hop, should I try the relocation brackets next? I also have a Yank SS4000 coming, so if I can get it to hook, I should be able to knock off some 60 ft. times.
    Absolutely.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Absolutely.
    Thanks, I kinda figured I probably should've ordered them also. Will check inti it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information