NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

New Shocks, Springs, A Arms anything else?

I am going to be putting in the shocks and springs and tubular A arms. Should I go with SLP Shocks and springs or are there any better choices?

Car is stock with only an intake and tuning.

Is there anything else I should change as well while I have the suspension apart? Maybe a K Member...

Want a good mix of drag, street, cornering and good streetability.

I will probably be having my shop do all of the work depending on the chedda.

Thanks

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Best options. Are strano springs & Koni shocks. If money is not the problem
    In my case. I'm going with strano springs & billsteins slp shocks. I heard they do a good job together.
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yep get the stranos and konis if you have the money, then adjustable torque arm for sure, do you have stock sway bars? another thing is what are your trying to do? drag racing set up or auto x?

NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    yep get the stranos and konis if you have the money, then adjustable torque arm for sure, do you have stock sway bars? another thing is what are your trying to do? drag racing set up or auto x?
    All of this is for my brothers 2002 Z28.

He just wants a good all around combination, comfortable drive, cornering, drag race.

So he should probably get adjustable shocks?

Still stock sway bars we want to switch those and a panhard bar too.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

For shocks I would either get konis or SLP bilstein shocks. I actually just ordered SLP Bilsteins with Vogtland springs. I haven't put them on yet so I can't tell you as far as quality how they are. I would also get a sfc, personally I would get the 3 point version but either would probably be fine. If you are getting lowering springs you should definitely get LCA relocation brackets, LCAs, Panhard relocation kit, and Panhard bar. If you don't have the money to do all of that then I would just get the LCA relocation brackets and the Panhard relocation kit.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    For shocks I would either get konis or SLP bilstein shocks. I actually just ordered SLP Bilsteins with Vogtland springs. I haven't put them on yet so I can't tell you as far as quality how they are. I would also get a sfc, personally I would get the 3 point version but either would probably be fine. If you are getting lowering springs you should definitely get LCA relocation brackets, LCAs, Panhard relocation kit, and Panhard bar. If you don't have the money to do all of that then I would just get the LCA relocation brackets and the Panhard relocation kit.
    You don't need the panhard relocation kit for lowering a vehicle...that gives more clearance for true duals, but nothing for lowering. The adj. panhard rod would be necessary to recenter the rear after lowering (I actually have my UMI on-car adj. piece for sale since I switched to a watts link). The LCA brackets will allow you to correct the LCA angle to prevent wheelhop. Another thing you might consider is an adj. torque arm to reset your pinion angle.

Thread Information