Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need suspension help

This is a discussion on Need suspension help within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; I guess Ill find out how long it takes Muwhahah...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I guess Ill find out how long it takes Muwhahah

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hot93rod View Post
    Don't you ever have clearance issues w/a 2" drop? I know you say it handles like a dream, but does it still get much traction when you stomp on it from a stand still because I thought the adjustable stuff was more for the road course race types a little more so than the drag race because of the lowering and everything. But I whole heartedly agree with you, there's other things I have yet to do to shave off a 1/10 if that's what I want than to spend an extra 40-150 on each suspension part I buy, on top of having to replace the stuff again!! no way.

to be honest from a stop or a roll with the tires i have, there is no first gear. spin spin spin all day long. but that is on street tires. so if i want to go to the track i just take the stock SS wheels i have and put some slicks on them. no matter what kind of suspension you have (adj/non-adj) unless your making crazy power, those slicks with hold it. the thing with drag racing is it's all about traction and weight transfer (power obviously), so that why i went with double adj shocks. that way i can have the best of both worlds (a set-up for the road course and for the drag strip) going fast is expensive, its all based on what you want to spend. like i said, as far as the panhard rod, lca's, torque arm i would rather go alittle slower and not have to worrie about having to replace parts. and yes i do have a ground clearance issue, but that is also because i have the worst headers ever made......SLP.
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 01-04-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I guess Ill find out how long it takes Muwhahah

yup just the waiting game. :bored:

Point made, and I don't know about you but I have a stock, although somewhat built rear end, and I'm afraid of slicks for dragging, so I'd rather do the weight reduction/transfer thing, and go w/a modest height reduction because at the end of the day, it is still going to be driven on the street 99% of the time if I ever do take it to the track. Oh, and Joshie, good luck w/those a-arms, that is the one thing that always stuck in my mind now that I have to replace my tie rod ends.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Im going to bead blast my stockers, paint them and press in some new Energy Suspension bushings for backup

For your a-arms? I'd think it would probably take at least a year or two before you have problems w/those spherical bushing, depending on how dusty/dirty they get. Unless you already have the urethane bushings, I'd just wait until you have an issue, that's just my 2 cents..

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

I live in KY, they will get trashed fast, plus all my stock stuff I rebuild and repaint

Im going to do a giant inner tie rod, upper and lower a-arms, swar bar rebuild and alignment here when I get all the parts together.

Not a bad idea, I guess you can at least sell them if you never go back to the stock parts...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

I dont plan on going back to stock. Ill probably keep buying rod ends lol

lol, just wait until the next special, and get a bulk discount, hehe.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hot93rod View Post
    Point made, and I don't know about you but I have a stock, although somewhat built rear end, and I'm afraid of slicks for dragging, so I'd rather do the weight reduction/transfer thing, and go w/a modest height reduction because at the end of the day, it is still going to be driven on the street 99% of the time if I ever do take it to the track. Oh, and Joshie, good luck w/those a-arms, that is the one thing that always stuck in my mind now that I have to replace my tie rod ends.
    i feel the same way. thats why i went with the adj coil-overs. it takes care of that for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information