Pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Need some performace suspension guidance..

I have a 1999 5.7 Trans Am looking to upgrade alot of front end suspension parts. Looking for brands to replace front upper and lower control arms, sway bar, sway bar bushings, sway bar links. any other parts? When i got the car it was already lowered, and i dont know how much it was lowered. looks maybe an inch and inch and a half by my judgement. i want to replace the absorbers, but dont know kind i should get. i have alot of play or sway is the steering after hitting minor bumps, and would like a lot more control. considering when traveling fast i would like that would changing most of this fix this problem? i had the absorbers recently changed with stock ones all around, and im thinking its why my ride turned crappy partially. so i dont wanna break the bank, but i know this is all costly and definetly needed. any suggestions on all this guys?

Al

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

UMI sells top quality parts and they are a sponsor on this site. I would highly recommend them.

Pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Thanks. i did check them out a bit. just didnt know if there were any specific better brands for certain parts.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well....

I don't know too much information on their sway bars (UMI can probably chime in) but I have heard really good things about the Strano Sway bars. They are hollow, which cuts weight, and also very durable.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Before you do any more, look into subframe connectors if you don't already have them

if you really want the best shocks as far as most on this site are concerned
    Koni Shocks

For sway bars i would go strano 35mm front 22mm rear, this is what i have heard that works well

What are your plans for the car, i wouldn't worry much about upper/lower arms for the front, but i would look into rear Lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets.

Pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

well it is somewhat of an everyday. just on the summer months. wasnt always like that. i like the lowered look, and know i will lose ride quality from it. but i want better handling when im traveling at higher speeds. seems to sway when hitting any minor road patches or junk. As far as performace it is mainly stock but when funds are sufficient, ill upgrade parts. i just have a K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust. and a rebuilt gm transmision (automatic).

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If the cars sways from side to side, it may be a loose pan hard bar.

black
    1999 camaro SS

after I put on the umi drag bar, 3 point sfc's w/ tunnel brace and front sway bar the car has literaly no flex at all lol. when I go up driveways at angle, one of the back wheels always lifts off the ground lol

Thread Information