Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Need Help with 2 in Drop

Hey Guys ... I've done tons of searches but I cant find anything regarding what everyone is using for a 2in drop (intrax Springs). I see where there are a lot of disagreeing on what kind of springs are best and I only drive the car maybe once a week so this drop isn't bad but I need some help finding a good quality shock that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Any help is appreciated!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Your going to get alot of different opinions here but from my own experience a 2 inch drop even if your driving it once a week even that once a week you want it to be enjoyable and your going to rub and scrape it alot. Also i dont know of any shock that can handle that much of an drop although ive done it in the past with KYB AGX shocks but when you call or contact kyb they dont recommend it with there shocks nor did bilstein but i dont know how it is now since this was a few years ago. I didnt have really any issues doing that drop on my car but it was terrible to drive, even during normal driving i would hit and forget taking turns if you hit a very slight bumper or dip its going to hit bad and that was with a 1.6 inch drop.

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Mine isn't that bad ... I hear people say that but the only place I rub are low dips in the driveway or a huge speed bump. My stock ones lasted about 7 yrs and just recently started hitting the bump stops. As far as the it being too low what about corvettes ... don't they sit pretty low to the ground? My tires dont go under the fender so it not like my car looks like a low-rider is just looks low like a corvette. I don't mean to compare the 2 cars but what are they using I wonder. When I called Bilstein they were kind of rude about my car being so low ... lol ... you would think something would be out for this kind of a drop ... I cant be the only one with this problem.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 99WS6MAN View Post
    Mine isn't that bad ... I hear people say that but the only place I rub are low dips in the driveway or a huge speed bump. My stock ones lasted about 7 yrs and just recently started hitting the bump stops. As far as the it being too low what about corvettes ... don't they sit pretty low to the ground? My tires dont go under the fender so it not like my car looks like a low-rider is just looks low like a corvette. I don't mean to compare the 2 cars but what are they using I wonder. When I called Bilstein they were kind of rude about my car being so low ... lol ... you would think something would be out for this kind of a drop ... I cant be the only one with this problem.
    The Answer=RideTech.

Yes, fairly expensive, but you can actually piece it, first front, then rear, unless they will give you a large discount for a package. You don't need all the bells and whistles, and can control all four corners seperately.

Just our humble opinion.

MAXX

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Wow, I dropped only 1.2" and I don't have too large of a gap between my fender and wheel. A 2" drop seems HUGE to me, not to mention how that screws up your suspension. Post some pics, I'd like to see a before/after if you don't mind. Thanks!

Thread Information