black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

is my car too low for LTs?(pics)

whats up yall?i just lowered my car a couple of weeks ago.got the springs slightly used on craigslist.they are powder coated blue.?anyway the next thing im gonna do is pacesetter LTs.am i gonna have to raise it ya think?i think it sits a little too low anyhow.got to be careful or i will scrape.what do you guys think?btw the springs are on bran new monroe matics.at 40mph,i can slalom back and forth in one lane with absolutey no roll at all.:yup
    Last edited by Leeroyws6; 04-01-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Check with Mark at KY Speed (send a PM to "marksls1ta") and he can probably tell you will work best with a lowered car. I have Kooks on ours and they tuck up nice against the underbody. Our car is not lowered though, so I still have lots of clearance.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

in general AFR, and kooks will be the most tucked up...i am mixed on my QTP ...the headers themselves are tucked pretty well..but the y pipe blows hard and hangs way to low.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

my Lt's have the same clearance my stock manifolds have. I haven't scraped ever. you might have to take things much slower tho.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

The LT's were never a problem for me. It's always been the Y. I ran cats which diminishes the clearance even more. If you can, I would try and find a 2.5" Y or have one custom made. 3" for minor mods is overkill anyways. That would've net me enough to stay lowered.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Headers will be fine my friend has pacesetters with those eibach sportlines which are low and kinda useless. That car sat so low the féin and rear were all scraped when he brought it into get the wings west lip kit for with the cme rear bumper and I had hime pull it in and out so I wouldn't be responsable for any undercarridge damage. It the headers cleared but everthing else scraped. We had to get creative getting it out. I can get a z06 in and out dine but those springs were terable and the ride quality was even worse was like it had wood blocks, handled turns good bit that's about the only good thing.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

black
    2002 firebird trans am

you front end looks pretty low, i have pacesetters with eibach progressive springs, seems like i bottom out on the crossmember instead of the header, but only on big dips or bumps.

Blue
    1999 Camaro SS

hey bro my lts suck! i live here in miami and every speed bump/wood stump i scrape thank god i took my true duals of because if not it be worse! but what the hell ! im putting my true duals on to cme and making my car a weken warrior! i have sportlines!

NBM
    99 TA

Not sure about pacesetters, but my car is about the same on the front and lowering in the rear (prokit springs) and I have been running kooks for several yrs now. Occasionally I will scrap the cat/y-pipe on a higher speed bump. As long as you get a set that tucks against the body nicely, you should be fine.

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

thank you for the input.i believe im gonna raise it up a little.might shim the springs if i cant find different ones i like.no one has anything good to say about the eibachs seems like.anyway does anyone know who powder coats their springs blue?just tryin to figure out who makes the springs i have.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If you have the sportlines which should be red in color they are terrible springs. The car looks nice with them but being a DD you will scrape it all the time. Going with headers you will most likely have some issues because your front end does seem to be low. Then again you will have some tell you that they dont have any issues with them. I had sportlines on my last Z and scraped and dented my ypipe bad and that was with aftermarket shorty headers with the ypipe nicely tucked, not to mention my exhaust tips were in bad shape after scraping them on driveways.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

anytime you lower a car its going to hit somethings, my car is a little lower than yours and i have LT (OBX), have they scraped? yes, do i hit everything? no. just be carefull.

Red
    2001 ws6

your headers arent going to hit, your y-pipe is.....kooks and ARH tuck up nicest tho....its guna be close either way

Thread Information