BLACK
    1999 camaro ss

lowering springs + drag shocks

whos done it? how does it ride goin down the road?? i love the lowered look but i also take it to the strip. i was thinkin BMR 1.25 drop and QA1 shocks. any other ideas..suggestions?? thnks

BLACK
    1999 camaro ss

nuthin?? so no one has lowered their car and used drag shocks??? i call bs after 18 views and no posts

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I've got QA1s but stock height. Seeing as how the fronts are adjustible height you could just do the hose mod in the rear and drop the front a lil more...

The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

I'm running QA1 R shocks with 300lbs springs and no front sway bar up front. In the rear I'm running Summit drag shocks set to 50/50 and BMR lowering springs.
    The rear is pretty stiff but not teeth chattering. I'm running a 315 out back and have no tire rubbing. I would definitely recommend getting relo brackets and an adjustable panhard bar. In the stock location the LCA will not keep proper geometry and without the panhard bar my rear would be off center about two inches.

The front rides real nice like stock. The car rolls without the front swaybar so corning fast is a no go. I have the front pretty slammed and with me in it I have to problem scrubbing anything. With a passenger and hard left turns the tire will rub wheel well liner a little. I've just learned to drive a little slower through corners. I also have a full size wheel up front so I'm sure this isn't a real issue with skinnys.

I'm pretty happy with the setup. The car looks great, it rides nice, the car hooks great and noses up with a blip of the throttle.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Going with high spring rate lowering springs, is counter productive for a drag racing. You'll get better results with stock spring rate spring (around 300 lb.in.).
    IMO, just get adapters from BMR and use your stock springs with the QA1 shocks. in the rear you can do the "Hose Mod" with the factory rear springs, or get a set of Hotchkis or BMR rear lowering springs, but the Hotchkis are a little softer then the BMR springs.

Thread Information