Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

Lowering Springs

The guy i bought my car from put Eibach Sportsline lowering springs on and front monroe struts. He wasn't for sure on how low? First question are all the springs for eibach sportsline for the camaro the same, as in are they adjustable on how low you want. He had it set at 1 1/2 he thought. I need to get an alignment done on the car as soon as the weather gets better. Does the shop doing the aligment need to know how low they are set or can they check that out and see for sure figure all that out to get me the best alginment.
    2001 SS SLP #3181, M6, Pacesetter Ceramic LT, CI O2 Sim, No cats, Hitech Predator X Cam 220/224 580 lift 114 LSA, ported and polished heads, Comp 921beehive springs, aluminum bronze guides, S/S valves. 1.5 Eibach LS, Lid, tuned by Dynosport, 395rwhp/400 ftlbs

1994 Z28 MQBM
    2001 SS #1629 LPM

I do not believe they are adjustable. I have never heard of springs being adjustable only the shocks or struts. The sportlines are the lowest drop Eibach offers for the Fbody and I think they are almost 2 inches. I could be wrong. I have the Prokit on my SS and it was a little more than an inch front and rear.
    www.fquick.com/ntimid8r7

www.cccfonline.com

Triple H Coating
    Specializing in Powder and Ceramic Coating
    steve@triplehcoating.com
    www.triplehcoating.com

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

I believe they're more like 2.25".

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Eibach's are not adjustable, i think ground control uses them with any shock you want as a coilover set up maybe thats what he has on the car otherwise its non adjustable.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

So the guys at the suspension shop "should" be able to figure it out? There is only one place here inl Lincoln and its for big straight trucks and cemis. Its the only place in town with a drive on lift. I tried at a couple tire places and the car is just to low. I like the way it looks and feels, its just to touchy at higher speeds 60-75. If you had to swerve to miss something you would be screwed.

Black
    2002 T/A WS.6 -- ASC#12

you may need new rear shocks, sounds like its not planted very well

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 13 View Post
    you may need new rear shocks, sounds like its not planted very well
    Also i had forgot to mention that a alignment was never done on the car, its only had 900 miles put on total, with him and i owning it, according to the title.

Destroyer of Mustangs RaceMyLS1's Avatar

Black/Red
    98 Trans Am/99 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    Also i had forgot to mention that a alignment was never done on the car, its only had 900 miles put on total, with him and i owning it, according to the title.
    That's not good.. You should really get an alignment done ASAP after lowering a car, especially when using extreme drops like the Sportline series.. An alignment costs much less than buying new tires.. Do you know if your car has an aftermarket adjustable panhard bar installed? If the previous owner didn't even get the car aligned after the drop, chances are he didn't install a panhard bar either.. Once you get the alignment done, it will drive much better..

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMyLS1 View Post
    That's not good.. You should really get an alignment done ASAP after lowering a car, especially when using extreme drops like the Sportline series.. An alignment costs much less than buying new tires.. Do you know if your car has an aftermarket adjustable panhard bar installed? If the previous owner didn't even get the car aligned after the drop, chances are he didn't install a panhard bar either.. Once you get the alignment done, it will drive much better..
    Haven't had any problem with the tires yet, ive only put 400 miles on it.I doubt that he put one on, what is a panhard bar?

Destroyer of Mustangs RaceMyLS1's Avatar

Black/Red
    98 Trans Am/99 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    Haven't had any problem with the tires yet, ive only put 400 miles on it.I doubt that he put one on, what is a panhard bar?
    When we lower our vehicles, the rear axle tends to shift over to one side (usually a couple of inches). An adjustable Panhard Bar is used to re-center everything.. Even bone stock from factory, the rear isn't centered perfectly..
    "A blind chimpanzee driving a WS6 with a dead hooker strapped to the hood should be able to put that thing deep into the 13's."

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMyLS1 View Post
    When we lower our vehicles, the rear axle tends to shift over to one side (usually a couple of inches). An adjustable Panhard Bar is used to re-center everything.. Even bone stock from factory, the rear isn't centered perfectly..
    Kinda tight on money with a baby on the way, should i buy the same kind of shocks for the back, i have monroes on the front? Anything else besides a panhard bar for the rear? thanks

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Lightbulb

The most important you need to do is get it aligned, tell them you want the camber as close to the same on both side as possible other wise they'll just set it within factory specs. As far as a PHB that can wait, unless your tires are rubbing. Also If your car still has the rear bumpstop spacers installed remove them, all they're doing is limiting your suspension travel, and save up for some good rear shocks.

Dropped the car..what to do now?

When you drop an fbody 2 things are going to happen in the back that you need to address:

1. The rear end is going to shift to one side. To correct this, you need an adjustable panhard rod. The best ones for the price are the Spohn units we sell.

2. Your lower control arms will no longer be parallel to the ground. This is going to affect your traction. To fix this, look at the Spohn LCA relocation brackets we sell. They have multiple bolt hole positions which will even allow you to improve your pinion angle and increase traction beyond what you had stock.
    Fast Toys Performance Parts
    Low pricing & honest customer service since 1998!

Email:sales@fasttoys.net
    Web: www.fasttoys.net

Thread Information