Black
    1999 Trans Am

Lowering Confusion

Ok, Ive been reading threads for 3 days and everyone has been extremely helpful but I still have a couple questions. I want to drop the front only. If by chance nothing is worn out, is there anything that would have to be replaced other than the shock and spring? Any other front end pieces? And second would I have to worry about pinion angle or u-joints? Im planning on bilsteins all around with stock springs in the rear and possibly stranos in the front.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

And would I need an adjustable panhard bar and control arm relocation brackets if I was lowering only the front?

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

aftermarket suspension parts are always good for lowered car or stock height. if you can afford them, i'll say get that too.
    for the front all you need is the shock and spring, you could also get sway bars for better handleling
    bilsteins are good option.. but whats the reason for lowering the front only?
    my last Z was lowered the front only, and it handle ok, but was very low at the front.. looked funny imo..

i have bilsteins and stranos on my ss with adj lower control arms, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets..the car handles good.. specially on turns

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Well I want it to handle better. But I was also looking for that classic raked look. I dont see any set up that way and was wondering why. At least if I do the front and dont like it the rear is easier. Im just getting started on this project. I have 3 point subs and a strut tower brace. After the shocks Im gonna do sway bars and thought if I have to take the springs off the front anyway I might as well get new ones. Thanks for the info.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

If you want the "raked look" you can get Strano springs, Koni or Bilstein shocks. And then do the heater hose mod while keeping the rubber isolator.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Hmmmm....What is the heater hose mod??? Never mind I found it. 3 ft of 1/2 inch heater hose. Sounds like a good alternative, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadTA00 View Post
    If you want the "raked look" you can get Strano springs, Koni or Bilstein shocks. And then do the heater hose mod while keeping the rubber isolator.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    Last edited by wicked1; 11-16-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Thread Information