Thread: Lowering!?!?!?!

99 Phoenix

Lowering!?!?!?!

Well I have a 99 Trans Am and I want to drop it. I dont know if anyone has dropped there's on here but if so how much did you drop it. I thought about driopping the front a inch and the back two inches cause the back is higher then the front so it would be even.I figured since I would need new springs and everything I would get the better ones. So does anyone know what kind of suspension I should get, to catch better traction? Where should I get it from a web site or what if a web site which one? I was thinking of doing it my self is it that hard?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Phoenix
    Well I have a 99 Trans Am and I want to drop it. I dont know if anyone has dropped there's on here but if so how much did you drop it. I thought about driopping the front a inch and the back two inches cause the back is higher then the front so it would be even.I figured since I would need new springs and everything I would get the better ones. So does anyone know what kind of suspension I should get, to catch better traction? Where should I get it from a web site or what if a web site which one? I was thinking of doing it my self is it that hard?
    As far as lowering there is a ton of kits out there. I am using Eibach coils with the KYB AGX adju shocks on my 00 SS. If you lower it you will need an adjustable panhard bar and for a little better traction get your lower control arm relocation brackets. The kits are normally anywhere from an inch up to 2 inches. The kit I bought is between an 1 1/2 inches and 1/3/4. YOu can get these just about at any of the sites advertised on here. The hardest part of the job is the front struts. YOu will need a spring compressor. I would definatley do it myself if you can. Maybe get someone to help you if your not sure. WOrst case scenario you can pay someone to do it. You will need to get it realigned when you get finished. Good luck.

99 Phoenix
    Well what site did you get yours from. So im going to beed coils, shocks, panhard. Does all this come in a kit? I know very little about suspension so I need to know exactpley what I should get and where and what will be the best for it.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

The name brand is all personnel preference. You can try the Ws6 store, Thunder racing, or any of our sites. Even Summit or Jegs has them. I don't believe they come in a kit but that is all you will need parts wise is what I listed above.

99 Phoenix
    Do you need in certain tools? I will need coils, adjustable shocks, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackest for my control arms. Will the relcation of my arms control help that much?

99 Phoenix
    Do you need in certain tools? I will need coils, adjustable shocks, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackest for my control arms. Will the relcation of my arms control help that much?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

You will need basic hand tools and a ball joint seperator and a coil spring compressor. The adjustable shocks is not a necessity I just went with them. The relocation brackets do help. They help flatten your LCA's out and helps with traction.

Coils
    Shocks
    adj panhard bar
    relocation brackets for LCA's

I'm sure that there is an article on the net on this job.

99 Phoenix
    It wont let me post a url but if you go to thunder racing and go under suspension and steering then go to springs and there is a f-body lowering kit that is all I need right?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&pcid=226#S621

OH MY GOD!!! that's a nice fuckin package...They're pictures look a bit off, but as long as it comes with an adj pan and weld in LCA relocators, that's good. It's only about $30 cheaper, Some places might beat the price and offer different shipping options. You're on the right track though.

You may wanna get shocks while your at it.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 02-16-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

It wont let me post a url but if you go to thunder racing and go under suspension and steering then go to springs and there is a f-body lowering kit that is all I need right?
    That is all you need. I have never saw a kit but it has everything all you will need is shocks and your good.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&pcid=226#S621

OH MY GOD!!! that's a great fuckin deal...They're pictures look a bit off, but as long as it comes with an adj pan and weld in LCA relocators, that's good.

You may wanna get shocks while your at it.
    Damn that is one helluva deal for parts. I would buy that in a heartbeat if I didn't already have my stuff.

99 Phoenix
    That is realy all I need?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

That is realy all I need?
    That is it other than shocks. That is a good deal.

99 Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    That is it other than shocks. That is a good deal.
    Im talking about the parts on the top of the page that is only 3 hundred and some dollers.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

YES THAT'S WHAT WE'RE AGREEING TOO!!!!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hey boss, one more thing-if you are considering doing quarter mile stuff, you should consider subframe connectors. Only if you're trying to make a track monster. If you're going for over all appearance + performance, go with what you're looking at and get yourself NEW shocks.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Im talking about the parts on the top of the page that is only 3 hundred and some dollers.
    The kit at the top that has the coils, relocation brackets, and panhard bar. All you will need then is just new shocks. There is a ton of options on those. KYB's, Koni's, QA1's, Bilstein, and Hal's. That is just most of the namebrand shocks.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that kit comes with some nice custom options...eibach/bmr...red/silver paint...i'm really thinkin' abotu getting it.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    that kit comes with some nice custom options...eibach/bmr...red/silver paint...i'm really thinkin' abotu getting it.
    If I didn't already have mine I would buy it.

Thread Information