Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Angry LCAs wont line up

Well in my attempt to install my sfcs today has lead to a slight problem in that i cannot get the bolt through the LCA on the drivers side, its only a few millimeters off. I cant seem to get it to move enough to allow the bolt in. Any suggestions otherwise my car is stuck. It is up on some rhino ramps btw and the front wheels are chocked. Any advice on how to move that lca back? Thanks ill probably get to this tmm as is it now too cold. Thanks guys i really want this mod done.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Use a jack and jack up the rear end and you will be able to move the rearend enough to get the bolt through. With the car on ramps too much weight is on the rear to be able to move it.

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

So the wheels should be hanging freely? and assuming i can just push or pull the axle to get it to line up i can just bolt the sfcs on loose then lower it back to the ramps for a full tightening. Correct me if im wrong.

Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

Correct.
    I had to do the same thing a couple of month ago when I installed my SFCs as I did not have access to a lift at the time. As stated use a floor jack under the rear & it helps if a buddy can push fwd or pull rwd on the tire while you install the bolt. Once I got both SFCs on the car I loaded the suspension by placing the car back on the ramps then torqued everything down. I went with 80 ft lbs front & rear. You stated you are having problems with the drivers side not lining up.....I had trouble on the passenger side. Hope this helps. If you have any other problems post back & we'll go from there.
    Last edited by 30th ws6; 12-24-2007 at 03:40 PM.

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Smile

Thanks a lot. I will repost if it was a success or not tmm once its warmer out again. Thanks this really helps i have a great idea of what to do tmm afternoon. Merry xmas all (ironically one of my gifts is a really good torque wrench haha).

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Smile Success!

Hey thanks again guys its all DONE took me maybe an hour, would have taken less if i hadn't run into another problem of some body metal along the sfc shaft preventing me from lining up the front holes properly, however some dremeling and robogrips later i made it. Ironically the passenger ride LCA didn't move at all and stayed perfectly in line so it was simple to slide the old bolt out and the new one in. After an early xmas dinner today ill be headed out to see how it feels. Im excited! Oh and we ended up using a ratcheting strap tied to my panhard bar and my dads car backed up to my rear to hook onto the tow hook on his car. a few ratchets and it was in line. So thanks again for your advice i will know what to do when i get some new LCAs next time.
    "Well, he’s kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace “accidentally” with “repeatedly” and replace “dog” with “son.”

Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

Glad everything worked out for you!! Sounds like you went with the SLP SFCs due to the dremel work you had to do along the heat sheild. I was going to purchase them as well but, I desided to go with the UMI 2 point tubular bolt in connectors. There is an AWESOME write up in the March 08 High Performance Pontiac dealing with the SLP bolt in connectors by the way. Sorry I failed to mention this to you earlier. Were are you at in VA?

Merry Christmas & have a great New Year!

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Hey its cool that u forgot, post the link anyway so i can add it to my T\a bookmarks , i actually have the UMI tubular ones. The dremeling on the sfc shaft was just a random piece of the body pointed inwards rather than straight down like the rest of the shaft. Im gonna take some pictures for my car domain site anyway so ill post it up here, i actually never got it all off i just managed to bend it enough to line the holes up correctly.
    I actually live in two places, i go to school in Arlington and my home is in Richmond. However im graduating in may (on my birthday actually) so ill only be up in Arlington for the next few months then i gotta figure out where to live, depending on where i get assigned. Stafford's in between the two of em. You should come out to the weekly F body meets in Richmond lot of cool guys there.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speeder View Post
    You should come out to the weekly F body meets in Richmond lot of cool guys there.

yes there are I seem to be tied up more and more lately but I try to make it out. I won't be out tonight, but should be next Weds.

Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

Smile

Here is the web site for the magazine but, I did not see the article there....probably due to it being the latest issue. I have subscribed to them & GM High-Tech Performance for several years now.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com

That would be cool to touch base with you guys . Where in Richmond & when do you guys meet?

Congrats on your graduation in May (also my B-Day...14th).

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Thumbs up

A picture is worth a thousand words, this worked for me, hook it to the sway bar and then in a hole in the subframe, a few clicks and your good to go, let the tools do the work :

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 01-30-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Thread Information