Thread: Ladderbars?

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Ladderbars?

I have a 2000 Z i was wondering if anybody has ladderbars? If so do you have a back seat and is it bad to drive on the street?

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Ladder bars were typically used in cars with leaf spring rear suspension setups - allthough they do make a type for use with coils.

Our cars have the lower control arms which kinda serve same function as ladder bars. If you're looking to get rid of wheel hop just pick up a good set of aftermarket tubular LCA's to replace the fllimsy stamped steel stockers. If you want to go a bit further - also get a tubular Panhard Bar and some type of aftermarket Torque Arm.

All of the above can be bought in adjustable or non-adjustable versions and which you choose depends on what you are trying to acheive with your suspension setup.

If your car is not lowered - then you really don't need adj. LCA's

If you don't have oversized rear wheels/tires - then you really don't need an adj. Panhard Bar

If you don't want to adjust your pinion angle - then you don't need an adj. Torque Arm.

Course, if your planning on running a mostly drag car then you will want adj. on all items so that you can tweak your suspension to realize different Instant Center of Gravity in order to get best traction/lift off the line.

Bushings in all is also a choice:

Rubber bushings such as used in stock will be the quietest and yield the smoothest ride - but you will not be using your new components to their full extent due to deflection in the bushings.

Poly bushings in suspension components will allow the component to work more effectively due to less deflection - but the downside is more noise and rougher ride.

The extreme for performance would be the Spherical Rod Ends - absolutely no deflection but noise/roughness will be greatly exaggerated.

You can go with a bushing combo in most components - rubber on the frame connection end & ploy on the other - this will give you intermediate results as to performance vs. noise/roughness.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

The car is lowered but I already have adj. lca and panrod bar. I really want to get rid of the torque arm for a few reasons. I would like true duals and also with slicks I broke the the tranmission so I thought about ladderbars and a coil over set up but right now I'm just shoppin for ideas.

Blue
    1976 Formula Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Jons00z
    The car is lowered but I already have adj. lca and panrod bar. I really want to get rid of the torque arm for a few reasons. I would like true duals and also with slicks I broke the the tranmission so I thought about ladderbars and a coil over set up but right now I'm just shoppin for ideas.
    You can fit true duals and still keep the TA, the pipes do hang down some.
    good luck Dale

Thread Information