Thread: Killer stance

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Killer stance

I have an idea, Dont know if anyones tried it but Im looking for some opinions.
    Id like to give my 99 Trans Am a meaner looking stance. Similar to an old muscle car. I was thinking of 17" rims on the back and 16" on the front. Then possibly lowering the front another 1/2 " with a set of springs. I think itd look tough. What do you all think? And more importantly, do you think this would upset the balance of the car? I dont want to screw the handeling up in the process.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Here's what I got...

2000pontiac6
    I like your idea but what do you think about maybe air bags or air shocks or whatever they're called now... to lift up the rear?

Black
    2005 GTO

I know the look your after but i'm not sure 16 up front and 17 out back will look all that good. I would look into some adjustable coil over kits like Qa1. Then you can lower the rear some and then lower the front even more. This is honestly the only way I have seen people get the stance your talking about.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks for the input. Ill check it out

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

If you just want 1/2" inch drop get some Koni SA shocks set the spring perch to the lower setting. Then do the hose mod on the rear. Not only will your ride will improve immensely but you will get the height you want.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

blue
    2002 WS6

don't jack it up too far. these things aren't monster trucks.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Even drop...

Click for full size

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I dont really want to jack up the back. Just put a 16" rim on the front and lower the front a lil xtra

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

buddy acheived a "rake" appearance by putting 1996 or '97 stock f-body springs on his 02 camaro looked killer...or they were the V-6 model springs..just on the rear of the car those springs were/are longer or stiffer but either way it jacked the rear of the car up and it looked kickass with the pro-star on.....I'll have to ask him make sure what he did
    Last edited by MYSCZ06; 04-17-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

You want a look like this, I put 28" tire in the rear and 26" tire in the front.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Camaro010.jpg

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Ive heard lowering the front only messes up ur weight distribution on the track
    Anyone know anything about it?

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Silver
    2002 Z28

I love how people responded to the this thread by posting pictures of their lowered car that have nothing in common with what he's asking... talk about whoring out your car...

I've got 18s all around, but 295/45/18s out back and 245/40/18s up front, giving the car a good 1.5" difference in height. I wanted to just lower the front of the car (dominantly to close the wheel gap), but I really took a hit in handling from the size offset, so I changed my mind. I'm going to lower it all around, so that it still keeps the raked look, but doesn't get any more dramatic, and see if I can regain some of the handling. Another thing to consider is that you'll lose your ABS by doing this, when you offset the wheel sizes dramatically, or when you offset the weight balance, the abs and speed sensors don't read the same, so you'll have to get an ABS delete kit.

If you've got the spare change sitting around, the AirRide technologies air bag system is supposed to work really well on f-bods, handling is bar-none. Then you've got full adjustability front and rear, drive with it low, cruise with it raked, lift it up when you come to a speed bump, etc...
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Thread Information