White
    01 Camaro 6speed

KB SFC's installed

Well today i had my dealer install the 3 point Kenny Brown SFC's. I did feel a slight difference meaning the car feels a bit more solid. The only issue i have is when im under WOT it feels like the SFC's are bending and rubbing against my floor or rubbing against the exhuast not sure what it is. I have to get underneath and double check the guys work. Its not completely welded all the way around meaning i see couple of thick welds in the front and back and a couple of thick welds on the center part.

I never thought i would say this but the car corners really well and so flat it doesnt even seem like i need sway bars. The car has almost zero body roll. I think either way i just might invest in some sway bars even though it doesnt feel like i need them it might be a night and day difference once its on since ive had them in the past.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Well got underneath the car today and found out that the ypipe under WOT is rubbing and hitting the SFC. Also the guy told me he is not finished with all the welds which i can tell looking underneath the car either way. So hopefully next monday ill bring it back to him and have him finish up the work and then ill get a better idea of how the car is with the SFC's.

I thought you couldn't get KB sfcs. Are they making them again? Where did you get them and how much?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I bought them used off ebay for 125.00 shipped. The quality on them is really good.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

ok i finally got it done, got it completely welded and took it out for a drive. I honestly cant say that i feel a big difference at all. I hardly feel much difference at all, just slightly as stated before. The ypipe doesnt hit the SFC anymore other then that i think for the amount i paid for the SFC's and install is still worth it, next mod is sway bars.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Sway bars make a bigger difference than sfc's, in fact the only way sfc's help with handling is because the shocks aren't doing there job. I went from the 30mm to a 1le front and felt a nice difference, waiting to find a used front and back set.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ thats exactly what im doin trying to pick up some used ones. Ive had the 1LE's front and back but now the rear 21mm 1LE is hella expensive i remember a few years back buying it for 40 bucks brand new. I really want the strano 35mm fronts and 22mm outback hallow which will really help out.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

which is better the bolt on or the ones you weld in and I was thinking of going with umi since their is a sale at kyspeed any help?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    which is better the bolt on or the ones you weld in and I was thinking of going with umi since their is a sale at kyspeed any help?
    The general consensus is that the weld in SFC's are better -- no chance of them loosening up and you also have more surface area covered by the welded joint versus the bolts and washers, so its probably stiffer.

I purchased UMI 2 point bolt ins for our car. Great fit, easy install and they tuck up under nicely. Down the road, I can always weld mine should I decide to do so. Biggest thing is to make sure they are installed with the car on its wheels -- like on a 4 post lift.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The general consensus is that the weld in SFC's are better -- no chance of them loosening up and you also have more surface area covered by the welded joint versus the bolts and washers, so its probably stiffer.

I purchased UMI 2 point bolt ins for our car. Great fit, easy install and they tuck up under nicely. Down the road, I can always weld mine should I decide to do so. Biggest thing is to make sure they are installed with the car on its wheels -- like on a 4 post lift.
    oh ok, why didnt you go with the 3 point? and I am sure you can always weld any bolt in sfc right?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    oh ok, why didnt you go with the 3 point? and I am sure you can always weld any bolt in sfc right?
    We don't autocross our car -- I was just looking for a little added stiffness and wanted the convenience of a bolt in design. As far as I know, all the bolt in SFC's can be welded. The front mount is on a nice flat spot with plenty of room on each side. The back would take a little more doing, but also would not be difficult.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    We don't autocross our car -- I was just looking for a little added stiffness and wanted the convenience of a bolt in design. As far as I know, all the bolt in SFC's can be welded. The front mount is on a nice flat spot with plenty of room on each side. The back would take a little more doing, but also would not be difficult.

I am def going to buy one now since they are on sell, and I wanna go with a 3 point so I dont have to worry about it later on down the road anyway. I appreciate the help and I will just find a place to do it for me cause I dont have access to a lift anyways, all the work I do to the car has to be on stands and jacks anyway.

black
    1998 trans am

thanks for the order.

also when you get back we can install them at our shop for you if you want us to.

thanks,
    Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

I just ordered some 3 point's yesterday I got the bolt on ones too! Figure I can get them welded down the road if I need to.. Also do you think they could be installed if I were to put the front wheels on the wedge drive up ramps??

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Teknik_SS View Post
    I just ordered some 3 point's yesterday I got the bolt on ones too! Figure I can get them welded down the road if I need to.. Also do you think they could be installed if I were to put the front wheels on the wedge drive up ramps??

It is best to have the car setting level on its wheels. Borrow an extra set of ramps and get all 4 wheels on them if you can. You'll need a jack to get the ramps under the rear wheels though. Just be safe about however you do it.

Citrus(burn't) Orange
    2001 Camaro SS

I just bought and installed a set of 3 way bolt-on SFC's from UMI the other day and i can tell a difference. The car feels more like one piece, it doesnt flex. which is what they are made for. but i also lowered my car 1.5"(eibach) and now i have to watch out for big speed bumps or i will bottom out on my SFC's....something to think about

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by usafshelley View Post
    I just bought and installed a set of 3 way bolt-on SFC's from UMI the other day and i can tell a difference. The car feels more like one piece, it doesnt flex. which is what they are made for. but i also lowered my car 1.5"(eibach) and now i have to watch out for big speed bumps or i will bottom out on my SFC's....something to think about
    the y-pipe will bottom out before the sfc's do, and the headers.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

I have the eibach's also but I have the BMR Tunnel brace that I scrape on EVERYTHING! I hate it! Wish I would have got one that didnt hang so low!

Thread Information