Just received my sfc's

This is a discussion on Just received my sfc's within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Just got them in today hopefully I don't have clearance issues with my duals-wish me luck....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just received my sfc's

Just got them in today hopefully I don't have clearance issues with my duals-wish me luck.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Very nice...good luck! Let us know what you think once complete.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

What brand did you go with?

black
    99 Z28

any updates?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    What brand did you go with?
    They are the umi from byunspeed
    Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    any updates?
    Installed them and for the most part it was a sinch. The driver side where it connects over the lca was a little tough because the frame butterflied a bit and the passenger side I had to use some grunt since for any number of reasons didn't line up "just right" it was just a matter of back tracking and no problem. From jacking the car up to putting the tools away it was 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully my duals are custom I could only see clearance issues if you had the tsp duals since they flare out. You can actually see in the pics the holes where they connected in and are no where near the exhaust.

Took it for a drive and could feel it was a bit tighter, got in this morning and I already forgot what it felt like w/o them now for my pads and i'm ready for auto x next weekend.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I REALLY like your exhaust. LT's and nice thick round pipes. Looks like you have excellent clearance as well. congrats on the SFC's. I actually had the SAME issues as you the drivers side LCA gave me a bit of trouble going on and the attachment point for the passenger side front just didn't line up for some reason. I eventually wrangled it all together wasn't at all a hard job. even keeping the car loaded and level proved easier than I thought it would. although I'd never be able to get the car on my ramps again lolol thanks lowering springs!!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    They are the umi from byunspeed

Installed them and for the most part it was a sinch. The driver side where it connects over the lca was a little tough because the frame butterflied a bit and the passenger side I had to use some grunt since for any number of reasons didn't line up "just right" it was just a matter of back tracking and no problem. From jacking the car up to putting the tools away it was 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully my duals are custom I could only see clearance issues if you had the tsp duals since they flare out. You can actually see in the pics the holes where they connected in and are no where near the exhaust.

Took it for a drive and could feel it was a bit tighter, got in this morning and I already forgot what it felt like w/o them now for my pads and i'm ready for auto x next weekend.
    Good to hear they went in easy. Thats the same brand I was looking at.

Black
    00 WS6

Get those SFCs welded in...you will be glad you did it.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

What did you torque your front mounting plates to? I have the 2 point UMI kit and could not find a torque spec in the instructions. I used Loc-tite and tightened them pretty good, but I wasn't sure how much to go with the threaded plate.

The reason I ask is that since the install, every now and then on an uneven road surface, I have had a small "clunk" that feels like it is eminating from the area of the right front mount. I went back and checked and they are still both tightened down pretty good.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What did you torque your front mounting plates to? I have the 2 point UMI kit and could not find a torque spec in the instructions. I used Loc-tite and tightened them pretty good, but I wasn't sure how much to go with the threaded plate.

The reason I ask is that since the install, every now and then on an uneven road surface, I have had a small "clunk" that feels like it is eminating from the area of the right front mount. I went back and checked and they are still both tightened down pretty good.
    I'll have to check the paper but I think it was supposed to be over 60lb ft at least on the big bolts.

Thread Information