Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just finished lowering my car. (56k watch out.)

This is a discussion on Just finished lowering my car. (56k watch out.) within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Mine settled a little more, I can fit about a finger/finger and half in front and about 2 in back ...

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Mine settled a little more, I can fit about a finger/finger and half in front and about 2 in back now. I guess driving it for the night helped it settle a little bit.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Pacesetter Headers & ORY, Magnaflow Catback, P&P TB, Koni SA Shocks, Strano Lowering Springs, TSP228R, PRC Dual Valve Springs, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, Vig. 3200 Stall, TransGo Shift Kit, Trans Cooler, Spohn Panhard Bar, UMI Rear LCA's, Relocation brackets, Torque Arm SFC. 411 hp / 386 ft/tq

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Nope. Front fender is untouched. Just the rear. Front fender lip is that fiberglass/plastic stuff. The rear is metal.
    That's right, forgot about that. So if you were to drop it right now with the tires and rims you have on the front right now, another half inch...exactly what part of the tire would hit where?
    Would it be just the lip or do you think it would hit the inner well also?

I'm thinkin you could use some kinda grinding wheel, if it's just the lip it would hit.
    Would have to be the right grinding wheel otherwise it would fill up with plastic too quick.

The springs you used are stiffer than original right? So I would think you shouldn't have a problem with the top of the tire hitting, but maybe the inner aspect of the tire.

Think is, I've seen cars set up like the way I want mine, there has to be a way.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
    Heres some pictures. I used the Strano lowering springs, are said to lower 1.25" and used the Koni SA shocks. Im pleased with how it looks and like the choice I made.
    car looks awesome man!

do you have a link or more info on these springs? also, did you use LCA relocation brackets? I want to lower my car (reuse the stock shocks), but don't want the relocation brackets until I decide on some rear LCA's. i'm curious, let me know...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Very nice! I love the stance it gave the car.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

That's right, forgot about that. So if you were to drop it right now with the tires and rims you have on the front right now, another half inch...exactly what part of the tire would hit where?
    Would it be just the lip or do you think it would hit the inner well also?
    I'm not sure. If I dropped it more, not sure if the drop would be straight down or not.

The springs you used are stiffer than original right? So I would think you shouldn't have a problem with the top of the tire hitting, but maybe the inner aspect of the tire.
    I've got stiffer springs, but after some settling, not only would I have to deal with the the tire hitting the fender, but also the y-pipe grounding out on bumpy roads.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahunter View Post
    Again, with this drop, I was lookin for an aggressive stance.

Click for full size
    Click for full size

THAT....is what a camaro should look like.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice work man.

Car looks great, you lowered it just the right amount, wheels fit perfectly with the contour of the fender

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Thanks, I fall more in love every time I look at it

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Heres some pictures. I used the Strano lowering springs, are said to lower 1.25" and used the Koni SA shocks. Im pleased with how it looks and like the choice I made.

Heres a before picture of the front wheel.
    Click for full size

And here is it lowered.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Front Wheel
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Back Wheel
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    hey do you want to sell your stock front springs? im soo tired of being lowered.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    hey do you want to sell your stock front springs? im soo tired of being lowered.
    I didn't even keep em, I told the guy that swapped em to just trash em. I still have the rears here..but no fronts. I'm sure if you look around there is a pair for sale. Sorry

Silver
    2000 WS6

Kitchensink, thats a nice stance. Really nice. What size wheels are those? Any other mods for the suspension? How well does it really handle and what size tires are on the front? Sorry for all the questions but your ride is nice and I'm trying to do some homework before dropping the cash. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Thanks, They are 18" wheels in the front and back, Only suspension mods I have done are the Koni Single Adjustable shocks, and the Strano lowering springs. Haven't really tested it much since its been so cold and salty here, but from what I can feel its a huge improvement over the stock setup. Ill let you know when it gets warmer my overall opinion, but so far i'm nothing but smiles.

Silver
    2000 WS6

Strano springs and Koni adjustables, wheres the best place to get that set up? Thanks for replying.

Red
    1998 SS

Quote Originally Posted by cobrahunter View Post
    I'm running 18x10.5 rims in back; 285/35 18" Nittos. The front wheels are 17s. I thought about going with a lower front end/larger wheel, but my tire already rubs (juuust a little) when taking really tight/hard turns. And I didn't want to deal with any kind of steering problems going with fron tires with a lower profile than 275/40; I didn't want too rough of a ride.
    ive got 19x10 all around, with 275/35/19 and there is not rubbin....also have the eibach prokit, lowers it 1.25 up front....
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyRay View Post
    Strano springs and Koni adjustables, wheres the best place to get that set up? Thanks for replying.
    I went w/ Stranoparts.com If you aren't completely sure on what you want, give him a call. He knows way to much about suspension parts for anyones own good Im pretty sure he's the only one that sells the springs, but the shocks you can find almost anywhere.

White
    1999 T/A

Did you paint your calipers yourself of???? whatd you use they look like they came out really good.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

nice job! Mines more like cobra hunter with koni and it handles great andlooks DOPE!

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Talking

I went w/ Stranoparts.com If you aren't completely sure on what you want, give him a call. He knows way to much about suspension parts for anyones own good Im pretty sure he's the only one that sells the springs, but the shocks you can find almost anywhere.

Hey kitchensink, what were the spec's for your springs.. Like the spring rate.. Yeah I called stranoparts too.. And your not jokin bout him knowing too much information.. His a real wiz kid when it comes down to the suspension.. I wanted to lower my car just about the same.. Just like you did.. I don't want a aggressive drop just a little drop.. I was thinkin about going with the revalved blisten shock's tho.. Well get back to me when you can..

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Spring rate: 550 lb/in. linear rate front. 100/150 lb/in. dual-stage rear. The dual stage is needed to keep the spring from coming loose in droop. the working rate is only 150 lbs/in. and it's very obvious the softer portion is immediately non-working when the car is on the ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information