Results 1 to 17 of 17

Jacked up my suspension

This is a discussion on Jacked up my suspension within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; link to pics http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...43#post9150843...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712

    Jacked up my suspension


  2. #2
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    i hope i'm not the first to tell you this... but YOUR SPRING IS UPSIDE DOWN!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    What! it is stock !, the only ones to touch it was pro gears in kearney !

  4. #4
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    What! it is stock !, the only ones to touch it was pro gears in kearney !
    that looks like your spring is upside down... it isn't seated right in the cup... infact... it's only on the top... see the bottom of the cup.. the spring should be resting firmly in there... looks like progears put your damn spring in upside down when they were finished thier work...

  5. #5
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    that's with the load off the suspension correct? The spring isn't upside down I don't think. If I recall correctly the top of the spring doesn't taper near that much. It looks like you have the suspension unloaded which is allowing the rear to sag and that's why the spring is off the rear part of the perch. Tough to tell from that pic what's going on. I'd like to see it all loaded up, is the spring touching the panhard bar mount like that when everythings loaded?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    No it sits right with a load. Crazy, I've never seen or heard of anything like this.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

    2009 CTS4 Ice Black

    2013 1500 Silverado Z71

    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

  7. #7
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    No it sits right with a load. Crazy, I've never seen or heard of anything like this.
    could be that your tq arm is broken and allowing your rear to move back and forth...

  8. #8
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Ok, so it's not rubbing the panhard bar mount when loaded correct? If not then your noise is coming from somewhere else. How positive are you that it's the spring? You can check the top of the spring. There's a rubber mount that sits on top of the spring, maybe that's wore through. Other things to check are the bushings for the panhard bar, lower control arms, and end links for the sway bar.

  9. #9
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    nm, I read your entire post over there. Have you pulled that spring completely out yet and looked it over?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Brought it to Jimmy Johnson, dx as a cracked traling arm from too much load. hop it ain't too pricey to fix.

    They also said the propellar shaft is rubbing, cause its lowered ?, WTF ! those are original springs !

  11. #11
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Brought it to Jimmy Johnson, dx as a cracked traling arm from too much load. hop it ain't too pricey to fix.

    They also said the propellar shaft is rubbing, cause its lowered ?, WTF ! those are original springs !
    trailing arm??? i'd assume that that is the TQ arm... the stockers tend to do that... as i found out... i split mine in half where it bolts to the rear...

    as for teh propeller shaft?! i have no clue what that is...

  12. #12
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    No I think it is the control arm, dealer calls it a trailing arm

  13. #13
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    It makes sense since if it gave out it would slide the whole thing toward the rear. I guess I need to get some aftermarket. Stamped steel doesn't cut it.

  14. #14
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    No I think it is the control arm, dealer calls it a trailing arm
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    It makes sense since if it gave out it would slide the whole thing toward the rear. I guess I need to get some aftermarket. Stamped steel doesn't cut it.
    that seems really odd... the other one would have to give in the opposite direction in order for that one to bend... or if the TQ arm was broken but that would probably also bend your panhard rod... pop your tires of and take a picture of the LCA's...

  15. #15
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    i'm looking at the picture with no trailing arm attached to the car at all. car is up in the air. can't see the panhard rod to see if it is attached. spring is in correctly.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Just got back from the dealer. It is the torque arm, service guy don't know his parts. The torque arm is snapped (more like ripped) on the top of the diff with a 1 inch gap. The bottom mounts on the Torque arm shows it slide back almost a 1/4 inch. The drive shaft started rubbing on the brake line braket but that isn't too bad. I'll have to put aftermarket parts on and get a relocation braket. 100 shot is WAY too much for stock parts.

  17. #17
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    trailing arm??? i'd assume that that is the TQ arm... the stockers tend to do that... as i found out... i split mine in half where it bolts to the rear...

    as for teh propeller shaft?! i have no clue what that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Just got back from the dealer. It is the torque arm, service guy don't know his parts. The torque arm is snapped (more like ripped) on the top of the diff with a 1 inch gap. The bottom mounts on the Torque arm shows it slide back almost a 1/4 inch. The drive shaft started rubbing on the brake line braket but that isn't too bad. I'll have to put aftermarket parts on and get a relocation braket. 100 shot is WAY too much for stock parts.
    yeah... i got a BMR TQ arm and threw taht in my car...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I'm jacked up!
    By blackSS01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
  2. MY 1997 Jacked up z!!! HELP ME!!!
    By johnshuler08 in forum LT1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
  3. Car oil gauge is Jacked up after LS6 install
    By BlackPlague in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
  4. Someone jacked my front emblem
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
  5. i think my trans is jacked up tell me what u think
    By SexyTransAm in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •