2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I want to lower my car

What would some good brands and methods be.

Ive looked around and seen lowering spring for between 150 and 200 a set. 1.2-1.8 inches. one brand was vogtland i think, another was Canuck motorsports.

what do you guys think.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

strano!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

strano springs 1.4 inch drop.....with koni's......love my set up

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

stranos

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Honestly, if I were to do it all over again I would go with QA1's. Right now I have Hotchkis springs and I love the stance. It dropped it right at an inch. That's probably not as low as you are wanting. QA1's are what you want if you plan on racing your car as well, though. And if I'm not mistaken you can lower it on the QA1's and control the height as well as adjust your suspension for the track.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well...strano seems pretty unanimous.

When i put new rims on my car, I went with 17's, which raised it an inch, so i got shorter tires that lowered it back down an inch. So my total ride height is back to factory, but it just doesnt look right. I don't need anything very special, Im not going to be going to the track, I just want my car to hung the tires a little better.

Heres how it sits now

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Wow, I just went through my flickr account and saw how my car looked when i got it, and how it looks now, wow.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

is there anything else i need to do besides get new springs?

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro SS

If you want to do it right you should do adjustable suspension at the same time, because its going to move the alignment on everything. When I lowered my car I did an adjustable pan-hard, relocation brackets, and adjustable lower control arms.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas'02SS View Post
    If you want to do it right you should do adjustable suspension at the same time, because its going to move the alignment on everything. When I lowered my car I did an adjustable pan-hard, relocation brackets, and adjustable lower control arms.
    not nessesary according to sam strano !!! ...adj pan hard rod is goin to be based how how your rear end lines up after lowering it......it could easily be off center from the factory and lowering it could center it up.....as for the ADJ lcas and brackets also u have to see if u have any traction issues or wheel hop issues after lowering.......i did NOT need these.....the adj phr i DID need though........i would only order the koni's and springs and see how everything turns out .......i didnt even have a front end alignment afterards....my tires wore so bad on the outside BEFORE lowering it i belive the camber is slightly negitive as it should be now anyways.....front tires are wearing perfect after 1 yr of agressive driving.....every car is diff..........call sam and he'll point u in the right direction

pewter

doing your suspension in steps u can also see what does what .and whta u like and what u dont like and feel u need to change.........if i were to do it agian and i was short in cash id order the REAR koni's before anything ...those alone make a huge diff and there super easy to install.....then order the fronts and springs at the same time..front shocks are coil over so it would be a pain in the ass to not to the springs/dampers at the same time

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I am using hotchkis lowering springs. They advertise a 1" drop but its a tad more. I am also using koni single adjustables.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

hotpart.com is the cheapest around I have seen for Konis, get those and the Vogtland lowering springs, that's what I have on my car, handles awesome. I recommend doing the adjustable PHB, LCA's and relocation brackets if you have the extra money, but you can do without as has already been stated. Also, budget for new shock mounts, you might not be able to get your old ones off, and they're probably dried out and cracked anyway. Also, if you have the money, do your upper and lower balljoints, Moog is generally recommended (napa carries them). If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thread Information