Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think this is why I need SFC's

This is a discussion on I think this is why I need SFC's within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; The stock mounts will do the job if that's what you prefer. Poly transmits a little more noise but also ...

The stock mounts will do the job if that's what you prefer. Poly transmits a little more noise but also work fine.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    idk when ill get the chance to take it off but should the suspension be preloaded(ramps) or on a lift? and iv never took it off before so is it just the 2 bolts on the back and like a mount up-front?
    easiest way is to put the car on jack stands under the subframe and a jack under the rear end just to take tension off the torque arm. As you unbolt the front TA mount it will want to go up into the tunnel, jack up on the center of the rearend and the front of the TA will come down. Then once it's not under load you can unbolt it and take it out/reinstall it. The front mount is a bit of a pain. You might need to lower the rear again a little to get those long rear bolts out through the top, this is why you can't do it with the suspension loaded, not enough clearance above the rearend to get the bolts out the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I don't believe so, I still run stockers on mine without issue. I've seen many 11 second 4th gens with them as well cutting 1.5-1.6 60 foot times..
    I broke my factory torque arm on my '98 TA at 110kmi with a M6 basically stock car

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    By the way, Jeff is right. You have something else going on to rub the driveshaft like that. This in no way has anything to do with not running sub frame connectors at all. These cars don't move THAT much. Definately something off kilter under there.
    I agree, can't think of what else might be hitting, your e-brake cable isn't up there is it?
    Might want to put a thin coat of paint on that spot and see if it gets scraped off again or if you fixed the problem.
    Last edited by TransAmX2; 07-19-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

well i got and installed my new SFC's and at the same time i did a poly trans mount.... but the tranny mount sucks so far... i went out to the strip and every time it hit 3rd gear the car started to shake pretty bad, i knew the poly mount would be stiff but i didnt expect it to be as bad as it is! anyone have any ideas? i welded in the SFC's with the suspension all preloaded and everything so i cant see that being the problem inless i didnt get the control arms tight enough but i would think i would be getting a different feel?

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

haha i know this is old but i finally figured out what was rubbing on my driveshaft... i nevery really looked real close at it but i just decided to investigate and at the very top of the Torque arm i felt something.... and OMFG it was a zip tie end that was tied to the E-brake cable and never trimmed..... so ya i feel stupid!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

you think that sound was bad, if you really want to prank some one, tie a thick one on the drive shaft. It will drive ppl nuts.

Glad you found out what it was.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    you think that sound was bad, if you really want to prank some one, tie a thick one on the drive shaft. It will drive ppl nuts.

Glad you found out what it was.
    it was just rubbing i couldnt hear it, it just made marks on the DS

haha ya easier to do it to a truck imo lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information