Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

I think this is why I need SFC's

so i went to the track last weekend.... i dont have SFC's and i feel that this is what can happen when you dont have them!

If you dont know this is my drive shaft i think from body twist it rubbed on my torque arm.... i really need to get some SFC's

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Holy moly. I think that you might also want to check your lower control arms, panhard bar and torque arm mounts to make sure everything is tight and that the parts are not twisted up.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Holy moly. I think that you might also want to check your lower control arms, panhard bar and torque arm mounts to make sure everything is tight and that the parts are not twisted up.
    what exactly do you think i should pay most of my attention to... am i just looking for parts to be twisted?

ya i didnt have the car very high when i saw that so i didnt have time to check stuff out i would think i would be able to feel if something got messed up or twisted up because it drives straight no vibrations but SFC's are a must right now lol....
    SLP lid w/K&N Filter, Free-Mods, LT-Headers, ORY-Pipe, V-Force Muffler, Frost Tune, AIR/EGR Delete, SFCs, Ported TB

My00Z28-----2000/Z28--------2.0331---8.4118 @ 86.83----12.9856 @ 107.15----NA------10/11

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I would just get the ass end up in the air and start looking everything over. If you are running stock LCA's and panhard they are flimsy stamped steel pieces -- you can actually flex them with your bare hands. Just seems like something has to be moving quite a bit to allow that kind of contact. That is why I suspect that you might have something loose or damaged in the rear suspension.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Time to get under there and find the problem

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

alright ill check it out tomorrow or something i really hope nothing is too wrong because i do not have the cash to fix it right now lol...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Do you have any aftermarket suspension pieces on your car?

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

no i dont, all stock suspension...

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Damn that's not good lol. Are you going to get two point or 3 point sfc??

I'm looking to get some for mine. But I was looking at the 2 point
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Damn that's not good lol. Are you going to get two point or 3 point sfc??

I'm looking to get some for mine. But I was looking at the 2 point
    two point because i dont need to make sharp turns

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    two point because i dont need to make sharp turns
    3 points are stronger than 2 points, but in turn weigh more. They are utilized at the track as well. IMO, 3 points are the only way to go with SFC's.

You should get a tunnel brace with a drive shaft safety loop, with the current issues and track participation. With the 3 point and tunnel brace, your car will be much more solid and safer.
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I would just get the ass end up in the air and start looking everything over. If you are running stock LCA's and panhard they are flimsy stamped steel pieces -- you can actually flex them with your bare hands. Just seems like something has to be moving quite a bit to allow that kind of contact. That is why I suspect that you might have something loose or damaged in the rear suspension.
    This. I'd also inspect the panhard bar, as that centers the rear end. Stock ones have been known to break.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

well got under it everything looks straight still except idk but it almost looks like my torque arm is twisted alittle i may be wrong because iv never looked at it before... i cant afford to get 3 points but im thinking about getting some square 2 points(next week) and later some control arms and stuff...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

well got under it everything looks straight still except idk but it almost looks like my torque arm is twisted alittle i may be wrong because iv never looked at it before... i cant afford to get 3 points but im thinking about getting some square 2 points(next week) and later some control arms and stuff...
    Take the TA off and set it on a flat surface, see if the TA rises off at any point. Take some pics for us too, on and off the vehicle.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

idk when ill get the chance to take it off but should the suspension be preloaded(ramps) or on a lift? and iv never took it off before so is it just the 2 bolts on the back and like a mount up-front?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

idk when ill get the chance to take it off but should the suspension be preloaded(ramps) or on a lift? and iv never took it off before so is it just the 2 bolts on the back and like a mount up-front?
    IIRC it does need to be preloaded. Not positive though.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Is the TA really that easy to bend?

Is the TA really that easy to bend?
    I don't believe so, I still run stockers on mine without issue. I've seen many 11 second 4th gens with them as well cutting 1.5-1.6 60 foot times.

By the way, Jeff is right. You have something else going on to rub the driveshaft like that. This in no way has anything to do with not running sub frame connectors at all. These cars don't move THAT much. Definately something off kilter under there.

Honestly, I've never found the need to install subframe connectors on our 4th gens. They seem to ride fine, and I never get those so called dimples in the quarters either, the doors shut beautifully after 12 years of driving. I don't autocross either,,,but we do make occasional trips to the drag strip with them.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

check the rubber mount for the trans, If that goes it will move the TA too....

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

it might be my trans mount and the TA mount combined i was going to get a poly trans mount but heard people complaining about them being too stiff i already run poly motor mounts and im use to it... should i just replace those two mounts and if so should i use poly's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information