Results 1 to 7 of 7

i snapped my stock tourqe arm...

This is a discussion on i snapped my stock tourqe arm... within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; well... it snapped right at the very back... so now i got 1 bolt holding it in place and damn... ...

  1. #1
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Angry i snapped my stock tourqe arm...

    well... it snapped right at the very back... so now i got 1 bolt holding it in place and damn... my rear moves front a back A LOT... them things make a huge difference... so now i wave a BMR ordered from thunder...

    i also got a spec 3 plus clutch getting put in on thursday so i'm going to have them toss this new TQ arm in when they re assemble everything...

    hopefully this will cure my wheel hop... and give me some more traction... first gear is absolute hell traction wise, as my car just spins... i gota take off in second gear to race and feather my way in... and it's not like i have a shit load of TQ and HP...


  2. #2
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    You will notice a real big difference. The flimsy stamped stocker is junk.

    Did you get an adjustable version?

  3. #3
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels
    You will notice a real big difference. The flimsy stamped stocker is junk.

    Did you get an adjustable version?
    nope... i just went with the regular one... the last thing i need is for me to be screwing around with adjustments and making my rear sloppy like it is now...

  4. #4
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    It really is not that hard to adjust in fact there is a detailed sketch as a sticky here.

    It is a nice feature to avoid the dreaded wheel hop our cars have not to mention dialing the launch in just right.

    You should consider phoning them up to change your order...

  5. #5
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels
    It really is not that hard to adjust in fact there is a detailed sketch as a sticky here.

    It is a nice feature to avoid the dreaded wheel hop our cars have not to mention dialing the launch in just right.

    You should consider phoning them up to change your order...
    When I got my car, it had the full welded BMR subframe with the adjustable BMR torque arm that mounts to the subframe, and not the tranny. Wheelhop is non-existent, but some time back BOTH bolts came out of the torque arm where it mounts to the rear.

    Where is the sticky which tells how to adjust it? I just jacked up all the weight on the rear, attached the torque arm, and adjusted the nuts tight to that alignment. It seems to have worked like a charm that way, I have been driving it for sometime with no complications.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

  6. #6
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    When I got my car, it had the full welded BMR subframe with the adjustable BMR torque arm that mounts to the subframe, and not the tranny. Wheelhop is non-existent, but some time back BOTH bolts came out of the torque arm where it mounts to the rear.

    Where is the sticky which tells how to adjust it? I just jacked up all the weight on the rear, attached the torque arm, and adjusted the nuts tight to that alignment. It seems to have worked like a charm that way, I have been driving it for sometime with no complications.
    That is the biggest problem with the alternate mounting points. The bolts tend to get rounded out as the floorpan was never designed/intended to have the TA pressing on it.

    Here is the sticky (the best on the web) for adjusting the pinion angle:

    setting proper u-joint and pinion angle

  7. #7
    JohnnyGTO
    Guest
    Same thing happened to me. I have a BMW adjustable torque arm now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: Umi tourqe arm issues
    By kingls1 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 06:48 PM
  2. Help: Help with Tourqe Sequince
    By bh400ex in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
  3. how much tourqe am i at?
    By lookngoodSS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
  4. tourqe thrust ll
    By TransamDemon2000 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 07:10 AM
  5. tourqe converter
    By bigboy T/A in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •