ban-one

how low is too low

i have been looking to lower my car since i got and was wondering how low is too low? ive been looking at the eibach sportline and pro kit ad im kinda leaning towas the 2 inch drop and was wondering it i can still put17x8.5 and 17 or 18x 10 or 11 in the rear im fairly sure it will be okay in the rear but will my car still be able to turn or is it onna cut down my turning radius and or rub in the fenders also about how low will it put the car i know it says 2 inches or so but im looking to have the rear tire to tuck into the fender any help will be appreciated

thanks

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

My rule of thumb, if you can't roll a Coke can under the lowest point of the car(usually the y-pipe) its too low
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

ban-one
    haha well what about whells rubbing when i up grade?

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I have Eibach's Pro-kit on. 17" wheels up front and 18" in back. Had to roll the fenders in just a bit. Also, had to put in a pair of (really small) spacers to lift that a ever so slightly; in the last pic, you can see where the tires started to rub against the wheel well - didn't go with the BFH mod. But worked out great!

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

2" is too low imo. When you get that low your supension angles can start causing handling problems. Between 1.7" to 1.5" is much better.
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

NBM
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z-28

I'm at 2" with my BMR's and 17X11s in the rear. I had to roll the inner fender lips, shave the bump stops, and get an adjustable pan hard rod to recenter the rear. The point is, it can be done....

Mine is down 1.2 inches supposedly. Although I took pictures before and after I should have taken measurements. Anyway, I can tell my axle is over to the right by 1/2 inch and puts my driver side 255/45/17 tire very close to the side of the bump stop when the car is up and the suspension extended.

A pop can on its side will hit the underside of my car somewhere without question. Straddling dead animals is sickening as they always roll up under the car. A medium sized diameter section of exhaust with clamp going underneath sounds like complete destruction. even a flat catalytic heat shield will catch and drag along with me for a very long time. My front wheels are visually cambered inward at the top. 1.2 - 1.5 inch drop is the absolutely limit for me.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 01Z28M6 View Post
    Mine is down 1.2 inches supposedly. Although I took pictures before and after I should have taken measurements. Anyway, I can tell my axle is over to the right by 1/2 inch and puts my driver side 255/45/17 tire very close to the side of the bump stop when the car is up and the suspension extended.

A pop can on its side will hit the underside of my car somewhere without question. Straddling dead animals is sickening as they always roll up under the car. A medium sized diameter section of exhaust with clamp going underneath sounds like complete destruction. even a flat catalytic heat shield will catch and drag along with me for a very long time. My front wheels are visually cambered inward at the top. 1.2 - 1.5 inch drop is the absolutely limit for me.
    Sounds like you need to start driving around things in the road. lol.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    Sounds like you need to start driving around things in the road. lol.
    I hear you! It seems that every time I'm in 4 lanes of rush hour traffic someone shoots a piece of car in my path. Sometimes the only place to go is in a culvert and then the shat in the road doesn't look so bad.

ban-one
    thanks alot yall have been a big help but what about any rubbing with the front?

Thread Information