black
    1999 trans am ws6

how about this set up?

I wanna lower my car 1 to 1.5 inches. my plan is to buy KYB GR-2 GR2 Struts and BMR Fabrication springs SP001R. my question is will these two work together well? do the shocks HAVE to be adjustable?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I have GR2's on my Saturn..... and that is where I would leave them. They are a great step up from Saturn OEM valving. about 20% stiffer and it makes my SC2 feel tight and sporty on the stock springs. I wouldn't change the springs though. I think the GR2's are a good compromise between increased wheel control and smooth ride for the Saturn.

On an f-body..... I wouldn't do it. KYB GR-2's aren't going to be able to handle the stress of a stiff spring used when lowering these cars. I have the AGX's on my hawk and they are acceptable. I wouldn't go less. From talking around here you would think that Bilstein and Koni are the only two games in town. There are a good number of members running fine on the AGX's though. Prob the cheapest way to acceptable performance. You can do better but you wouldn't be compromising performance as much as with the GR-2's

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

well here is the deal. 1. BMR sucks and they poorly stole and attempted to copy sam strano's springs as they are considered the best lowering springs for our f-body.

2. when you lower your car you put expodentaly more stress on the shocks to try and control the car etc. this is barely achievable with oem shocks and oem springs. so unfortunately there are really only 2 shocks out there for DD etc that can handle that job..that is the bilsteins and the konis......the konis will handle just about anything with flying colors. the bilsteins will be more capabile of handling lowering springs then anything else but still barely. on top of that a adjustable panhard bar is needed once you lower your car on top of that....so what i am getting at is if you want to lower your car through springs etc...it is going to get pricey close to 1k+ .........however you can do the hose mod on stock rear springs and get a drop of 1/2-1 " ..the fronts however are harder to do ..you would need a shock with lowering perches..the only i know of is the konis ...then you can run stock springs /aftermarket shocks and get the desired drop.

black
    1999 trans am ws6

thanks a lot of the replays guys. i think i might just save up some more and get the stranos springs with either the koins or other shocks. thanks a lot

Thread Information