Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

Hotchkis springs/ What shocks?

As the title says i have hotchkis on the way and should prob. replace the 60k De Carbons. Looking toward bilstiens but dont know how they will handle the drop. Its not much of a drop but wanna know the best priced shocks for daily driver.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Depending on what you want your car to do ie; 1/4 miler vs. great handler, shocks are THE most important part for your suspension...

Note that gearing your car for the 1/4 mile is not going to work for a great handling vehicle and vice-versa...

That said, buying the best priced shocks are not the best shocks for our cars.

The Hotchkis spring rates are stiffer than the Eibach Prokits I'm pretty sure, so I'm assuming you are going to go for a canyon carver/better handling vehicle, correct?

The two shocks that are heads and tails better than anything else out there are the Koni SA(Single Adjustable) shocks, or Bilstein shocks that are revalved to work with the spring settings of the Hotchkis springs.

Every other shock out there is inferior performance, which means that they're not damped enough to handle the stiffer aftermarket springs, which also means that they'll wear out/blow out after about 25k-30k miles, but you won't even notice it because they wear out slowly. You will have a bone-jarring/cavity loosening ride after a while.

But hey, they're cheaper, so there you go.

Koni SA's, approx $800.00
    revalved Bilstein's approx. $600.00

Everything else is a waste of money, but hey, there are others that would argue with me.

AGX gas-adjust shocks, about $350???
    SLP/Bilstein level II shocks about the same, revalved to match the spring settings of their own SLP springs made by Eibach...

Bilstein HD shocks, designed for f-bodies with STOCK SPRINGS ONLY, about $350.00 I think...

Monroe shocks from Pepboys=garbage.

HAL QA1 shocks, specifically for drag racing, they also make shocks for cornering, no one has commented on these for handling purposes, that tells me that they're marginally better than the factory DeCarbon POS shocks.

Note that the other shocks that I mentioned are either set up for factory springs or the only other ones that are set up for an aftermarket springs are the SLP shocks but they're specifically revalved for their own spring settings, so they are too soft for the Hotchkis springs as well...

Good luck.

Don't go cheap on the shocks, trust me.
    The Black 2001 SS #5697
    T-tops, 6-spd/B&M ripper, ARH LT's/GMMG/CME, Volant, Koni DA's & GC coilovers, Strano frt & rear sways, G2(SFC's w/v-braces, STB, adj PHR), Wilwood 6-piston red calipers frnt brakes w/13" 2-pc rotors, RKSport(clear front & rear corners, c-f grill), chrome Z06 wheels

Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

Ok so if i go with revalved bilstiens where do i get them?

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by driving View Post
    Ok so if i go with revalved bilstiens where do i get them?
    http://www.stranoparts.com/

Red
    2001 WS6 Pontiac TransAm

What are good springs for the Eibach V8 springs? I dont do 1/4miles. Its a daily driver so I want a decent smooth ride. Thanks. Dont wanna spend $600 either.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I switched from the stock shocks to Koni. I don't care how much it costs, every car I own from now on is getting Konis.

Thread Information