Help pricing out suspension and Trnas parts

This is a discussion on Help pricing out suspension and Trnas parts within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Dear Folks, You have helped me alot in the past and thought I would try again. I am upgrading my ...

White
    '00 Firehawk LS-6

Help pricing out suspension and Trnas parts

Dear Folks,
    You have helped me alot in the past and thought I would try again.

I am upgrading my 2000 hawk and have some current parts to sell but have NO idea what they might be worth. Don't want to get ripped or rip anyone! Thanks for any info you can give!! All parts are from a:

2000 FIREHAWK LS-6 T-56,
    Road car, 35K. I am the third owner. The second owner drove it once in 3 years because it "scared him!" Anyhow, I have no idea about how the original owner drove the first 8500 miles prior to second sale. However, carfax is clean for that time.

Since I have owned it (18 months) I have never smoked the tires, raced it, had it in snow etc. It is in show condition. To the best of my knowledge, it has always been serviced with Royal Purple, as it is now.

FOR SALE?

T-56 transmission: Works well EXCEPT for 3rd which sounds and acts like the synchros are out on it and the fork is bent. Obviously (TO ME), it needs to be rebuilt. Other than that, I BELIEVE it to be perfect. Hurst linkage and shifter are included. Besides not wanting to rebuild, I needed a new T-56 to handle the 700-900 HP I PLAN on putting through it later this year. Purchased a NASCAR t-56 Billet trans (after a GREAT deal of research) to replace.

REAR END GEAR PACKAGE Bent the axle so, to be sure, am just selling the 3:43 posi rear end for the same reason as above. Replacing the entire rear package with with a Billet Moser 4:11 Locker, 9" Ford (still can't beleive it!) gear setup, with all the extras to handle the new power.

ENTIRE SUSPENSION FOR 2000 HAWK
    Replacing EVERYTHING on the suspension to set up for road racing. Everything is in 35K condition. Includes shocks, springs, control arms, etc. etc. etc.

STOCK MAF Replaced with a MUCH larger system already, in prep. for a supercharger.

STOCK CLUTCH AND FLY WHEEL
    Again, same as the others above. Works well now but no promises on wear. Of course the current clutch must go due to the new power levels and the 56 lb. flywheel doesn't help the instant power levels I seek, so..... it is disappearing for a Billet Aluminum Flywheel.
    I know, but I have dreamed of this car for years, raced for years and can handle it without blowing it. OF COURSE, the top and bottom of the engine are undergoing upgrading so, driving the way I do, it won't be a problem. And if it is, it is only because I got crazy or greedy for the times. Either way, I should be too old for that by now (I have enough broken bones etc. to prove it).

Anyhow folks, any of this stuff worth any significant money? This go round on updates is costing me 10-14K and I would definately like to recoup SOME of the new investment. If not, it is budgetted.... Thanks for any help!!
    IHS
    Doc Ron
    Last edited by Dr. Ronald Stroh; 01-30-2006 at 03:36 PM.

White
    '00 Firehawk LS-6

Help!

No one with any info. Was afraid it was worth about what junkyard would give. Thanks..

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

what kind of modification in suspension you going with since you gonna roadrace it.
    Never to late to talk about it... just make sur you only buy things once.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

White
    '00 Firehawk LS-6

I TRY to keep everything SLP (exept for the Koni's where they want WAY too much money. The new system is being ordered this week. Any ideas are, of course, appreciated. I am using the complete stage 2 plus a number of other (non-SLP) items that I can't get from them such as complete panhard all around where SLP doesn't supply them. Any additional ideas are appreciated. Gonna leave the aluminum drive shaft for the time being but I'm uncomfortable with doing that. SLP swears it will handle the power and the torque placed on it. Will see. Thanks for all help!
    Doc Ron

Thread Information