riojames

Help with PHB adjustment for 02 SS

Hey fellas, I have searched all post that seem to apply and still scratching my head. I have an 02 SS 35th Ann. edition. I was able to purchase with only 4000 miles on it last year. The original owner added some mods to the suspension including SLP strut-tower brace, SLP sub frame connectors (bolt-on) and adjustable phb. I'm not sure of the brand of the phb but it is red and has jamnuts on both ends. The problem is the right jamnut has backed off and the tire has shifted in so that when turning the tire is rubbing in the inner wheel well. The left side nut does not appear to have moved. I read the install instructions at BMR fabrication, but I really don't know where to start. Should I loosen the jamnut on the left side also and recenter the rear end or just adjust the right side back out to the same as the left. I know this is a long post but this is new terrotory for me. And this is probably obvious but I'm not sure how to adjust. Do I turn the cylinder (mine is red) or do I turn the threaded rod? Any idea what the clearence should be from the wheel to the wheel well? The reason I ask is that it may help me figure out if I need to adjust both sides. I can use any help that you guys can give.
    Thanks,
    James

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Try to lock tight the side that came loose. If the rear was centered already that should do it.

When I recentered mine I used the 11X17 rims measured against the fenders to center the rear end.

If the rear was alredy centered when you purchased the car you should only have to adjust the one side (that came loose)

riojames

OK one more question

when you talk about tightening down the jamnuts, do they go tight next to the red bar I adjusted or down at the end of the threads, closest to the wheel???
    Thanks
    james

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if it has jamnuts on both sides, you loosen both nuts, turn the bar itself. basically, you eyeball and measure from the tire to the inner fenderlip and get them even. when you make an adjustment, jounce the car side to side to relax the suspension. once done, then tighten the jamnuts. use some locktite. what i do is after i tighten the jamnuts, i turn the bar to help lock the nuts down tighter.

they tighten down against the bar.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

riojames

Smile phb adjustment

Thanks for taking time to reply, this forum is a great. It's good to have folks who know what the Hell their doin.
    James

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

we try.

Thread Information