Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

guess my aftermarket springs:)

This is a discussion on guess my aftermarket springs:) within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; No problem, thanks!...

Red
    2000 Z28

No problem, thanks!

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    no idea on the SLP eibachs... I have the prokit with revalved bilsteins from sam strano and i love the ride. It is stiff, but not back breaking and is a good budget setup. If you want to spend some cash get some strano springs with some Koni shocks and you will be set. I didn't want to spend that much when i did it, and i don't regret it... but if i were to do it again, I would probably spend the money and get Koni's
    Would you mind telling me about how much this setup cost you? Sounds like its exactly what I'm looking for. I'd also appreciate if you could tell me if theres a specific place/sponsor w/ a good price. Thanks a lot!

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 02nbmvert View Post
    Would you mind telling me about how much this setup cost you? Sounds like its exactly what I'm looking for. I'd also appreciate if you could tell me if theres a specific place/sponsor w/ a good price. Thanks a lot!
    springs were 2-300 bucks (cant remember) strano revalves were like 550 i think, and i also bought an edelbrock adj panhard bar (125) boxed trailing arms (200) hotchkis STB and SFCs

I bought the springs locally, and I got the shocks from Sam Strano (sponsor) but last i heard there was an issue with the newer bilsteins so best thing to do is call him and have a talk with him about what you want. He is very helpful and will give you the best advice on which route to go.

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

Cool, thanks a lot man! I have heard similar things about the new bilsteins not being as good for late model f-bodies as the older type used to be for whatever the reason. I doubt konis will ever be on the budget unfortunately. I wonder what the issue is with the new bilsteins.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sounds like WAY too much of a drop for this....but BMR springs are bright red as well.

White
    2001 Z28

The issue with the "new" Bilstein's is the valving changed and not for the good. In fact the rear shocks were made to be more like the valving in OEM DeCarbon's, and moved away from the older settings which, while they lacked rebound vs. what I prefer at least had more than the OEM shocks and not the immense amount of compression the stock shocks have.

And fwiw, since you asked about Revalves. Sorry... can't do them. Need good Bilstein stock for those to be done. Even then, not sure what the pricing would work out like since I know the base price on the shocks has gone up. Revalving costs may have as well, and if they get close to Koni's on price I won't do them. Why would you want to give up adjustment and a lifetime warranty if you don't save at least $200?

It's all moot anyway. No shocks, no Revalves and HD's are in no way good for lowering springs (or in their current valving, not much good period IMHO).
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information